It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science ponders 'zombie attack'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Obviously the old school, rotting corpses crawling out of graves to consume living flesh zombie idea is ridiculous. However, I will admit the recent addition of virus infected humans who react like they have super rabies, have open sores and necrosis, and direct 100% of their energy towards killing any healthy creature that crosses their path is quite plausible. The virus scenario in the movie Quarantine, for instance... virus is carried by rats, infects humans, and was genetically created by a doomsday cult, isn't even far-fetched. Obviously in a real life scenario, things would look a whole lot different than in the movies, however. For example, it could be extremely difficult to differentiate between a non-infected, but injured/traumatised human and an infected human... at least until the infected human launched themself at you in an attack. I can't ever see a scenario in which seconds after being infected somebody's gums turn black, their skin begins to rot away, hair falls out, and eyeballs go milky.

So, at least in the short term of such an outbreak, I think the most difficult thing to do would be to be able to tell who's infected and who is clean.

Oh, and for what its worth, the video game Left 4 Dead has some R.I.P. graffittii notes scrawled on various walls throughout the game that seem to indicate a timeline of outbreak occurring sometime in October of 2009. Certtainly not saying the game is prophetic, but it is somewhat interesting considering it came out last year and here we are, one month away from when that storyline was penned to occur.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
There are many dangers in our world.

I would deal with a zombie just as I would any other creature that was trying to kill me.I would blow their heads off then make mince meat from the balance of their bodies.

It's what you can't see that can hurt you..

I have it from no good source that the WHO is trying to obtain samples of zombie blood and will share it with the vaccine makers asap.

Never fear..the government will protect us.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The harvesting of zombie blood could never happen. It has the consistency of Jell-O, has a deep green/brown color to it, and smells like cat urine.

It would be too obvious.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by Cotechs]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This makes me wonder if they have recieved a sign that the PALE HORSE RIDER (HADES) MAY BE ABOUT TO RIDE. Also it speaks of a time in the revelations when many will suffer from the STING OF THE LOCUST AND WISH FOR DEATH, BUT DEATH WILL FLEE FROM THEM FORCING THEM TO SUFFER. smh

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Oh, and for what its worth, the video game Left 4 Dead has some R.I.P. graffittii notes scrawled on various walls throughout the game that seem to indicate a timeline of outbreak occurring sometime in October of 2009. Certtainly not saying the game is prophetic, but it is somewhat interesting considering it came out last year and here we are, one month away from when that storyline was penned to occur.

I seen those lol crazy shi t thought I only seen them. Another 1 is the UROBOROS in resident evil 5 and how its spread and its usage (human enhancment) SMH if any da mn video game comes true, if so I am rollin with the MASTER CHIEF SPARTAN cause he got angle music backing him atleast.

[edit on 9/21/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I disagree that these zombies would have any advantage over us besides the fact that they are dangerous due to the probability of spreading disease/death. If a zombie is hit and a major vein or artery is trashed then the zombie would bleed out until its just a bag of organs and bones...they would have no phsyical strength left and essentially would just be motionless dummys.

If you take the head off, whats there to be afraid of anyways? If its even still moving...I think its possible that some form of disease/virus could cause a person to go all zombie like but after a few hits or blasts theres just no way it could stand up straight, let alone attack you...The numerous zombie movies fail to show any realism here. Theres no science behind it-besides maybe a study which is still a theory.

I do however believe that cannibalism and animal instincts would take over as all sound reasoning would be gone as the brain begins to die and mutation takes over most likely. I just fail to see how something dead can rise again after bleeding out or having a massive injury such as limbs cut off or shot off...Eventually they would die again.

Luckily I'm zombie certified with my amazing Left4Dead skills and I'll be working on Left4Dead 2 all through the christmas season

I think I've killed over 40,000 zombies easily already in that game.

Edit: I like the ShaunOfTheDead scenario where we have like a zombie filled zoo and zombie gameshows. This way at least we can make the best out of a bad situation.

[edit on 9/21/2009 by AceOfAces]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join