It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Presidential Helicopter?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I dropped in about half way through President Obama's speech to the VFW last night, he was covering various subjects, spending, GI bills, iproving this and that blah blah (insert political rhetoric here). But one part that kinda jumped out at me a bit was this.

He was talking about doing away with waste in the military and only making what the military wants andnot what the contractors push on them and after talking about spending less on more affordable fighter jets to the F-22 and retrofitting older 747's with anti missile lasers and what not he makes a "JOKE" about the new Presidential helicopter.

Nearly two billion dollars to buy more F-22 fighter jets when we can move ahead with a fleet of newer, more affordable aircraft. Tens of billions of dollars to put an anti-missile laser on a fleet of vulnerable 747s. And billions of dollars for a new presidential helicopter. Maybe you heard about this. Among other capabilities, it would let me cook a meal while under nuclear attack. I’ll tell you something. If the United States of America is under nuclear attack, the last thing on my mind will be whipping up a snack.

Now before anyone gets the wrong idea, I bring this up only because i have seen some threads and/or posts about a nuke attack on DC in teh near future and now with a missing ship carrying unknown, mysterious cargo is out there you never know with these guys (politicians).

I know Obama likes to crack jokes to lighten the mood, or the tension in a room but would you really put it past them to have such a helicopter and then blatantly joke about a nuclear attack in teh U.S and talking about it in teh open but disguised as a joke. I see where he was going but i just don't find that sort of thing a joking matter.

Thought i'd just put this out there, below I put the link to the VFW page where you can download a transcript of the address, about a quarter of the way down is where you will see the remarks I talk about here.

Namaste everyone

www.vfw.org...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I can't tell if they got a new Marione One or he stopped the new Marine One.

Will have to do some reasearch and find out.

About time someone stopped all the surplus defense spending. Good for him.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The current executive helicopters are showing their age.

A British-Italian helicopter, the EH101, had been selected as the new replacement and 28 helicopters were planned to be constructed by Lockheed Martin. However rising costs have led to the program being cancelled. The plan now is to refit the existing helicopter fleet instead, although some taxpayer groups argue that a refit program would be more expensive than buying brand new.

I'm not entirely sure why 28 helicopters were required, presumably they have other duties in addition to ferrying the President between the White House and Andrews AFB.

join