It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictured: Stunning new image of Mars show half-mile wide crater complete with sand dunes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

It is one of the most dramatic images to ever emerge from Mars. In fact, this extraordinary photograph is so clear that even the sand dunes at the base of the half-mile wide canyon are visible. Experts even believe that they can see the tracks of a Mars lander on the left-hand corner of the Victoria Crater.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

This is beautifull, really clear pictures.. Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
If only we could get photos like these on every area in mars, i think we would see some amazing thing, but thats just my wishfull thinking..

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Great find

I'd bet my lucky stars that the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE) camera on the MRO has beamed down more of these beauties. I'd bet the DSN is housing all of the raw images too.
DSN (deep space network)
www.cdscc.nasa.gov...

"The DSN provides the vital two-way communications link that guides and controls these planetary explorers, and brings back the images and new scientific information they collect."

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
S+F for you, Ignorance Denied. This image is stunning in it's clarity and I hope we get more just like this. I never get tired of looking at high resolution images of Mars, it is mesmerizing.

Wow you can actually see the tracks of the rover to the left of the crater. Very cool indeed!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I like how we have access to satellite pictures of our marks on mars, which is something like 30 million miles away, but not to any of what we've left on the moon a quarter of a million away.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
I like how we have access to satellite pictures of our marks on mars, which is something like 30 million miles away, but not to any of what we've left on the moon a quarter of a million away.

Yes i agree if we had pictures of this quality of the moon, the only thing is if they did, they would pobably have to kill us

We would see alot of things that we're not suposed to see.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Nice images, and yes i agree with everyone else. Would be good to get quality images like these on the moon and mars, but my guess is we wont anytime soon

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Beautiful pictures.

It looks like water rippling to me.

top topics

join