It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectral lady hitches ride, vanishes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Spectral lady hitches ride, vanishes

www.sunjournal.com

"She said 'goodbye,'" David said. "When I turned to look at her, she was gone."

I'll give you a moment to rub the chill from your skin.

David is absolutely sure the passenger door of his Camaro was never opened. When he peered out into the night around him, he saw no sign of the woman in white. No brightly glowing gown in all of the blackness along Route 11.

"I was so freaked out," David said. "I didn't stop crying until the next afternoon."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This is a news article that sparked my attention because I drive down this road pretty much every day. It is a pretty credible account- according to the article, the kid stopped a cop at 2 in the morning. A kid is not going to do that unless he is seriously freaked out, and this kid was.

This gives some credibilty to stories of ghosts on the road, and as the story says, it puts a legend onto actual public record. As for the kid, I applaud him. He is pretty brave, braver then i would have been.

www.sunjournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
cool story, bro
srs.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by summerdreary

Awesome find! Well put together article as well.

S&F!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Interesting. Thanks for posting. I believe I've heard of this road before. I may be thinking of somethin else though.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
heres another addition to the story, part 2

www.sunjournal.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Sounds like Resurrection Mary. Vanishing hitchhiker ghost stories are fairly common, and go back at least 50-60 years.

I've never heard of the one in Poland, though.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'd like to see Ghost Hunters international capture some video of this on one of their TV episodes.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It's a good story - just somehow I can't really give it much credibility as the lad is only 16 - don't know why, that's probably just me.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
What bothers me about this story is the fact that the police officer saw a 16 year old boy sitting in the car on a deserted road at 2AM and did'nt bother to stop and ask if the kid was okay. Was the officer interviewed? I don't believe this is a credible story.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Good story

I believe the kid, especially because he was shaken up enough to go look for the cop which is something most people don't do, especially teens.

Only one thing bothers me and that's a discrepency in the times, but that could be due to author error.....

Shortly after midnight on July 11, a police officer in Mechanic Falls stopped to check on a teenage driver who was frantically flashing his headlights.

Just before 2 a.m., David was driving on Route 26 bound for Oxford. In the midst of all the darkness that collects in the middle of the night in Poland, suddenly there was a gleam of light at the roadside.

"She was standing on the side of the road, near the frozen custard place. At first, it was just a white glow," David said. "I drove up closer and saw that it was a woman. She looked to be between 20 and 24. I pulled over and she said, 'Can you bring me to the church on Route 11?'"

Now how could he flag the cop shortly after midnight if he didn't pick the woman up until just before 2 am ? But like i said it could just be due to an error by the reporter.

Chiron's right it does sound just like Ressurection Mary.

Edit: Forgot link.

www.sunjournal.com...

[edit on 8/16/2009 by chise61]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I remember being a teen and wed avoid police like theplague. Especially late night. And if we going by the story the kid seemed pretty shaken up. Not saying its true or not. I dnt know.

top topics

join