It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank Holiday In America Coming Soon !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
WHY IS EVERYONE PAYING ATTENTION TO THE AMERO PART OF THE EMAIL when we have posted a link to marketwatch regarding the warning from Harry Schultz' Newsletter saying the exact same thing without the Amero nonsense?

If the FDIC announces that 100's of banks, or even 1000 banks are insolvement, and cannot be saved what do you think will happen?

My guess is a bank holiday. It will keep people from their money, and it will kill our dollar.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
One thing that seems to be a fact. When gold was a great buy, nobody was advertising trying to sell it. Now that it may be at or near its peak, we are bombarded with people trying to sell their gold.

If gold were the best investment, why are so many advertising to sell it. Would they be trying to get rid of it if they believed what they say? No, they would not! They would clearly be buying instead.

Avoiding scams just requires some common sense.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Medieval1028
This type of bogus dribble needs to stop. Not only is it a figment of someone's imagination but could prompt people to do something detrimental. I forwarded a copy of this post to a friend who works for a US Senator on the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs...who promptly stated that this is utter nonsense and feels that such lies could be dangerous. I really hope this poster gets a 'visit'

Agreed, It would be nice if there was a way to remove flags from posts. This post needs it, it doesn't deserve to be flagged. It is just flagged by other aluminum hat wearing Alex Jones - David Icke nutjobs as well as ATS bots that are just looking to build fear and chaos.

The same people that said the Iranian war was imminent - what 3 years ago? Disclosure was imminent? Ron Paul was going to be assasinated, etc etc.

We need to wake up but as John Lear says, just live your life, you can't get caught up so much in this stuff that it rules your life.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by chucktaggart]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

This type of bogus dribble needs to stop. Not only is it a figment of someone's imagination but could prompt people to do something detrimental. I forwarded a copy of this post to a friend who works for a US Senator on the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs...who promptly stated that this is utter nonsense and feels that such lies could be dangerous. I really hope this poster gets a 'visit'

Wow this is pretty funny.

You seem genuinely upset by this thread.

By "something detrimental" do you possibly mean a "bank run"?

"Dangerous lies"?........ Dangerous to whom? Dangerous to you because you are a banker?

What if it isn't a lie, and the word didn't get out? People would be left holding the bag, instead of you.

I would go out on a limb and say that you might be a dangerous individual, dangerous to the monetary prosperity of the general public.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Funny, I always find, when people get Really upset over something - it is because it has hit too close to the truth! Because when something is false - people don't get so upset.

Your post, shows you are obviously Very upset over this thread. Why?

Too close to reality? Need to keep it a secret right now?

Don't want those "poor" banks to have money taken out of them - from all those people who worked hard for their money and it is their right to get their money out of the banks?

Really, why so upset, if people want to take their money out of a bank - what is the problem?

But, instead - you want the OP to be visited? Who is it that should visit him/her - for saying people should have a right to THEIR own money and there may be bank holidays.

I will bet there WILL be bank holidays by the end of Sept.

When word gets out in the public the FDIC itself is insolvent - I bet people will run to the banks. That is why I have told people for a few days - to go now - immediately and get the majority of their money. I don't see anything wrong with people having their money out of banks.

OH, but that comes out on the 24th... hm, maybe a "false flag" before then - like on the 22nd? to make sure the truth isn't broadcasted to the public? So, the media will have something else to talk about full time, and not mention big news about the FDIC?

Why the 22nd?

Seems that date has been thrown around as a date to watch. That is all I will say about that.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I can't speak to the specifics to the OP because I haven't checked out all the information and video you provided ... though I surely will.

A couple of things that run against the grain here ...

First of all pitching "glorious gold" on the same site where one is posting such information does no justice to the info. Especially if it has merit. Folk will see it as self serving disinfo.

The second is the amount of doom and gloom exposure and predictions we have here on ATS which inevitably result in a "cry wolf" syndrome.

Third, we have to keep in mind the nature of the global financial systems. Ever since we came off the gold standard they have always been built on top of a house of cards.

This means that at any moment, anyone with some knowledge, can put forth a hypothesis on why they are imminently about to collapse.

Having said all that, it would be irresponsible not to investigate into this info further, but perhaps with a little less "drama" attached.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
1:6 conversion ratio!? Bankers will be shot left and right(and most government types) if such a switch over was forced.

HR 645 is sitting in committee waiting for the shooting to begin.

HR 645 - 6 large military bases to be made into large FEMA camps

That will also justify the end of the 2nd amendment to.

Hide and watch.

Problem, Reaction, Solution...they have been planning this for years.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
@questiongal:

I am a tad surprised as well, at the number of users bashing the idea of a bank holiday considering the massive amounts of information showing how badly the economy and value of the dollar are in trouble.

Who cares about the Amero.

Right now people should be worried about the VALUE of their dollar, not just being able to get access to it. So why are more people not talking about buying different currencies in exchange funds, or short selling the market or the dollar?

That way you protect your buying power, as opposed to holding a ton of cash you got out of the bank that will potentially be devalued?

Food, supplies, and a bit of cash for a few months. If more then that is needed we are all effed.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
One thing that I forgot to mention in posting this thread topic is that my ex-wife works in the banking industry. I have passed on the letter to her for vetting because if it is true, it means that the NWO people are pushing the inevitable upon us unwillingly.

I might also suggest that the real oppressor here is the Federal Reserve Bank system. Owned by 300 families, it is a private corporation, that has no direct tie to the US Government , where they print fiat currency (meaning that it has no value ... it is not backed by gold, silver or platinum). The bag holder on the US Dollar is the Federal Reserve Bank. If that debt was called in by the Chinese or others holding those debt instruments, the 300 families that own the Federal Reserve Bank would be and are responsible for making good on that debt.

The Amero, which has been discussed on this site and elsewhere, has been in print after agreements with Mexico and Canada were made when George W. Bush Jr was President of the United States. As a result of NAFTA/GATT and other agreements, the Amero is a triple decker currency designed to take the Federal Reserve Debt Instruments out of the equation. The major problem from this is that the Federal Reserve was responsible for the parts of those agreements between Mexico and Canada in uniting the 3 countries under one currency.

The move in currency would be the stepping stone to bringing about a world wide currency or form of currency where they would have absolute control over everyone's ability to buy and sell.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
@misltech:

I read through the document you posted, and no I don't believe EVERYTHING or much of anything the government says...but isn't it possible that this is a case of it is what it is?

Sure they have left some definitions vague and open, and could be using the legislation as a front for something more nefarious...OR they might be getting ready for actual emergency situations brought on by national disasters, or natural disasters.

Speculating on how they will use Military bases or FEMA camps is ultimately a waste of time.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by questioningall

I can't speak to the specifics to the OP because I haven't checked out all the information and video you provided ... though I surely will.

A couple of things that run against the grain here ...

First of all pitching "glorious gold" on the same site where one is posting such information does no justice to the info. Especially if it has merit. Folk will see it as self serving disinfo.

The second is the amount of doom and gloom exposure and predictions we have here on ATS which inevitably result in a "cry wolf" syndrome.

Third, we have to keep in mind the nature of the global financial systems. Ever since we came off the gold standard they have always been built on top of a house of cards.

This means that at any moment, anyone with some knowledge, can put forth a hypothesis on why they are imminently about to collapse.

Having said all that, it would be irresponsible not to investigate into this info further, but perhaps with a little less "drama" attached.

"doglike wisdom" prevails...

Pimpin'...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I agree with questioningall , IMO it would be wise to get your money out

of the banks before its to late, what have you got to lose.......alot! your

money!!! once the bank holiday takes place, part of your money will

be gone!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
OK I didn't get much of a chance to "rebut" due to the fact that I was surfing from my Crackberry earlier.

1. I have seen this before, tied to Steve Quayle. If I had a dollar for everytime he's contrived an email "predicting" an apocalyptic/collapse event or spewing forth "insider information" or "a source", I would very nearly have enough funds to build my very own Vault 101. (shameless Fallout 3 reference) IMO Steve Quayle is about a half-step above Sorcha Faal. Heck, he makes Alex Jones look like Walter Cronkite...even AJ nailed 9/11.

2. I do put more credence in the Schultz letter, but IMO that letter is nothing that can't be gleaned from facts learned regarding past events. It's a hypothesis, nothing more. The fact that it's a VERY plausible hypothesis still doesn't change the fact that it is a theory.

3. Regardless of what internet blowhard regurgitates commonly available facts and masks them behind an anonymous source, the economy worldwide is in serious trouble. The US deficit is in stratospheric levels and TPTB (not the shadowy PTB, but the REAL ones, i.e. the Fed, Treasury, etc) are either hurting more than helping or are rapidly running out of moves on the chessboard.

Eventually our biggest financiers and purchasers of US Debt are going to stand up and say that it's time to cut their losses and step away from the table. Hell, people. Go to the grocery store and compare prices vs. product to only a few years ago. Just today I made a comment to a coworker that the $0.99 bags of Doritos seemed so much smaller than they used to be. It's not only that prices are rising (inflation) but that you're getting less product for those higher prices. Use that bag of Doritos figuratively and compare it to *all* commodities. More money is buying less product. Meanwhile, people have less money to spend on those commodities at the same time as prices are rising.

True unemployment is approaching 20% or more in some areas after workers that are no longer able to receive benefits and workers only working part time are factored into the equation. I saw a fleeting blurb the other day that predicted 45% of US homeowners are predicted to be 'upside down' on their mortgages by 2010 (?) or something like that. These people are STUCK.

The bottom line is that we should *all* stop focusing on the "OMG the world will end on *****" BS internet rumors and start concentrating on the fact that we are in dire straits. Yes, it is in my belief that at some point the economy (and possibly nation) is absolutely going to collapse. It will be a VERY good idea to prepare yourselves accordingly. Such a collapse of a world superpower has not happened in a long time and not as quickly as this one will, so take this website with a grain of salt. My friend Fernando lives in Argentina; he is surviving there and has gone through their economic collapse in 2001. His website is a cornucopia of knowledge for one that seeks to learn how to live through a major economic collapse. Read up and learn. Surviving in Argentina

For the record, I truly do not believe things will be as polite and civilized post-collapse here in the US as they have been in Argentina. They did not have the entitlement sense there that we do now. Here...it will be bad. Very bad. My family is from the New Orleans area and I have a very good idea of how it "really" was on the ground. Think Katrina, but 10x worse and nationwide.

Prepare accordingly.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Evisscerator

this was also in the latest web bot predictions, very believable.

SnF

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I can see the possibility of a currency switch, but when you de-value it, that's another story. How many people do you think will stand for a 6/1 reverse devaluation of their money. There would be riots overnight. Maybe that's what they want.

You would have millions of people losing billions of dollars instantly. I just don't see the possibility of this. it would be mass chaos.

Bank closings are a definite possibility. Voucher systems are a possibility as they change over currency. But an immediate reverse split on the money, I can't see that.

I do believe that the first time they close some banks, people all over the country will run to their bank to withdraw all their money. They won't believe anything the government tells them, that everythiong will be ok--what hogwash that is. Americans aren't that stupid.

Something to watch---the FDIC is broke, and it is questionable of their ability to keep bailing out busted banks. This has a direct relationship with bank holidays. it's a balancing act--which one falls first, perhaps both at the same time???

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Unless you actually desire the chaos that ensues. Just because a benevolent leader or banking authority would refuse to engage in such practices, how do you explain what would happen when you have thieves running these positions?

These people have consistently shown that they have little concern for the larger trends presenting themselves at this time, and are robbing their customers blind. Look at the windfall ATM fees banks are collecting from less than 10% of their customers.

In a healthy social structure, no one in their right mind would engage in these behaviors, because it isn't the right thing to do. In this current swamp of a power structure, we mean nothing to these people.

They are not acting in our best interest, and can't pay their bills, because they think they don't have to.

However, judging by your statement (with a kiss of idealism
), I would be more than willing to let you run things for a while. Hell, all you would need are a firm backbone, morals to spare, and a desire to actually perform the job you were hired for! Really. They can't, they won't, because they don't care any more.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

I'm not saying that it couldn't happen, it is just that it is highly unlikely. I can totally see a Bank Holiday happening, but switching to the Amero? I'd say it ranks about a 1 on a scale of 1 to 10 10 being most likely.

People will not take kindly to having an exchange rate of 1:6. Not going to happen, corps would collapse, so would the government. They can want the chaos to ensue all that they want, which I wouldn't put it past them for wanting to do, but it is a really bad mistake on their part.

So to summarize, Bank Holiday, very plausible, Switching to the Amero, yea don't see it happening.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Evisscerator

well fuk it pplz money is not the answer. all u need is government and trade. and when trade is gobal u need all pplz to have true gouvernment (civil rights and such). but since we got hijacked we have to wait longer. be cool dudes

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Well the alternative currency would come after months of devaluation, we would have to have the dollar devalued so much that we would accept a reverse split. So say the banks close next week, then after a few months of devaluation we are so desperate we agree to anything and accept a new currency.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Don't believe a word of it.

He works for the rothschilds? Lol

He gets his finance info from the cia? Lol

Amero? Lol

The amero was a hoax by hal turner..........

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join