It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank Holiday In America Coming Soon !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
As with most predictions on this site, only time will tell. The idea and rumor of a bank holiday has grown since June, and we can thank a few specific people and stories for the surge in the rumor.

#1. Harry Schultz, from the Harry Schultz Newsletter, and courtesy of marketwatch.com.
Marketwatch HSL Commentary from June

#2. The warning from the fellow above, which I do not find quite as credible.

I heavily researched this topic on Friday, and some of Saturday, and there IMHO there is a remote possibility of this coming true. There are two different theories that I have read: The rolling bank closures, in the name of auditing or updating, or possibly a second phase of longer bank holidays to come, all for a move towards the Nationalization of banks.

The reasons for this is the great possibility of a HUGE sell off/profit in the stock market, from the bull run in a bear market that has happened since March. This predicts that it will create larger losses then we had in March.
RBS Uber-Bear Fresh Alert on Global Markets

The prediction of a large number of continued bank closures topping 150-300 this year, in spite of the bailouts, will continue to lead to economic panic and unrest.
150 Bank Closures

Not to mention the very real potential of the collapse of the dollar, or devaluing of the dollar, or whatever else you want to call it when our US dollar is worth less, or WORTHLESS.

Which brings up the reported story of two Japanese men were found in Italy with 134 Billion in Bearer Bonds. 134 BILLION, but of course to calm fears of Japan trying to secretly dump 134 billion US dollars, it is suggested they are forgeries, and some sources claim they have mob ties. Of course, it is Italy.
Two Men found with 134 Billion

Lastly, the huge insider stock sales, which are either profit taking, preparing for the worst, or both. This to the tune of $53 sold for every $1 purchased.
Huge Insider selloff.

What frustrates me most on this site is the lack of insight on how to prepare for this situation, other then BUY GOLD, BUY GUNS, BE PREPARED, GET READY FOR MARSHAL LAW!

I do think something fishy is going down, and I asked a friend of mine on Saturday, who just returned from working as a trader in Amsterdam for two years, and he said we have every right to fear a Bank Holiday, and HE AND HIS WIFE in fact, have 6 weeks of cash reserves at his house.

We spoke about a reasonable strategy to protect my financial capital in the short term, as he mentioned the bull cycle in a bear market again.

I am hedging my portfolio to the tune of 40% into other currencies and a Gold/Silver ETF, as it makes ZERO sense to me to store gold at my house. Will I just chip a piece off for payment?

I am also going to keep a stash of cash somewhere when needed. Not in a survivalist sense, but in a common sense sense.

Anyways, I think these warnings should be considered, and as many of the articles I have read have said, they would SPRING this on us. There would be no warning to us regular folk.

Sorry for the long post.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Evisscerator

Ok, what's the big deal, a banking holiday? Well, NEVER are the banks open on holidays and banking holidays were never uncommon.

I am just curious, what is the issue?????????

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
@Symetra:

You might be being sarcastic, so I apologize if you are. The Bank Holiday can last days, weeks, months, years...indefinite. It's a nice way for the Govt or the POUS to say, holy moly we are in such a hole that we will never get out.

This would allow the entire financial system to destroy the US currency and possibly the financial markets, leaving the rich rich, and everyone else F-ed. No I did not mean Fed, but instead of saying the Fed, I might pronounce it Effed.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
hrmm, I'm not sure about the "Amero" currency. That would send people off in the streets rioting. A currency change has to be a planned thing and has to be accepted by the people.

You can't just go and force people to spend a currency that they don't want to spend, the move it self would risk the economy itself, also it takes a lot of capital to create a new currency and we would have to buy back the now worthless dollars from our creditors, which we would end up back in the same position that we are in now.

For example, look at the Euro, they started talking about it openly years before they actually did anything about it, and some countries still refuse to accept it. Switching the currency to the Amero is highly unlikely.

Exactly right! With the exception that not "some countries still refuse to accept it" as you say, but just do not switch to the Euro for different reasons. Is is Voluntary and it took a long time to get there! People still don't appreciate what a massive operation it was. All thos f*king currencies with all their different rules and rates and different planes of black operations. So most of us are greatfull now with the financial situation as it is, because some countries would have toppled as a whole in this shambles of an era. The SEPA (secure european payment area) rules saved us a lot of trouble and even supports the balance in the world with china. In plain language: a lot of the financial mess that existed in Europe was already cleaned out. The wave of loan-mess of the US came as a surprise to a lot of people.

To me letters like posted in the OP are definitely trying to create havoc and revolt in the streets. They are ill intended, whoever is behind it, be it the Gov. or some militants or both.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Pjotr]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I throw the b/s flag on the whole "supposed" letter, and the whole idea. It's just more doom and gloom conspiracy crap to get the elderly upset and people who fall for this crap in general!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_XIM
I throw the b/s flag on the whole "supposed" letter, and the whole idea. It's just more doom and gloom conspiracy crap to get the elderly upset and people who fall for this crap in general!

You are sooo right. Best PROOF of this is the OP is absent. He just posts his drivel and then never is online to answer inquiries.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I wonder if there are big gold businesses who benefit from these threats...?

"S*** is gonna hit the fan - trust me - buy gold here....!!!!!"

It would be interesting to see if the source has ties to some business like that...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Medieval1028
This type of bogus dribble needs to stop. Not only is it a figment of someone's imagination but could prompt people to do something detrimental. I forwarded a copy of this post to a friend who works for a US Senator on the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs...who promptly stated that this is utter nonsense and feels that such lies could be dangerous. I really hope this poster gets a 'visit'

Is he wrong? Probably.

Is it foolish to base financial decisions on something you read in a conspiracy website? Undoubtedly.

Is having an opinion, no matter how wrong it is a reason for a "Visit" ?
No.

Get a grip.
It's a conspiracy site.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psynarchist
I wonder if there are big gold businesses who benefit from these threats...?

"S*** is gonna hit the fan - trust me - buy gold here....!!!!!"

It would be interesting to see if the source has ties to some business like that...

Mmm, good question ...

Go to his website, www.stevequayle.com... click on "precious metals," than click on "Gold.," or as he calls it "Glorious Gold"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c42fd2cf94c.jpeg[/atsimg]

[edit on 16 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I strongly believe that letter is a work of complete fiction. In order for there to be any public support at all for the Amero, hyperinflation will have to have mostly destroyed the dollar. And without public support for the Amero, you most definitely get a very violent revolt which would include support from local militias. While the NWO may want a revolt, congress doesn't want a revolt. It will likely take a couple years for the Federal Reserve to destroy the dollar. To say its going to be done within days or weeks is ridiculous to me.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
@truthquest:

Please explain to me where you are finding the positive information that will keep the dollar propped up for years?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior
I've seem n this before. Stephen Qxxxx = Steve Quayle. Unlikely @ the bank holiday. Shutting down the banks by regions will only give the other regions time to pull their money.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

It is not just Quayle.

Below says US foreign Embassys are being told to horde
1 years worth of non-US currency due to a possible
lengthy banking shutdown.

www.marketwatch.com...

The Schultz letter also timed the Oct. 2008 crash, so give that some thought.

Close to 600 Bank of America locations to be closed.

news.yahoo.com...

FDIC top level official says bank closures to increase 10 fold.

moneynews.newsmax.com...

I can see why she would say that with near 2,700 banks being
rated D+ or lower.

www.moneyandmarkets.com...

We saw a failure of the 5 year bond sale of T-bills.

market-ticker.denninger.net...

Then the failure of the 7 year bond sale of T-bills.

market-ticker.denninger.net...

The tax revenues have dropped more than anytime since the Great Depression.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

So while it might not be the Amero, trouble is brewing and the tax receipts
are a good indicator of what is really going on vs. how much ink is
hitting the press so to speak.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Medieval1028
This type of bogus dribble needs to stop. Not only is it a figment of someone's imagination but could prompt people to do something detrimental. I forwarded a copy of this post to a friend who works for a US Senator on the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs...who promptly stated that this is utter nonsense and feels that such lies could be dangerous. I really hope this poster gets a 'visit'

Ppl like you are those that called the brown shirts on ppl in Nazi Germany.

If you read my prior post you will see that a banking holiday is in the
works, but maybe the Amero is not the outcome of it.

But serious trouble is brewing if the head of the FDIC even says it
herself.

Face it, the Obamatrons have been lied to along with the rest of the US,
and do not think I am a fan of Shrub either.

All the political hacks have been lying their back sides off.

If you dig a little instead of threatening ppl with "visits" you might
find the truth instead of Nazi justice that you seem so hungry for.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
@Misl_tech:

Starred.

I posted some similar links in my original response, but it seems that the users responding negatively are being focussed on the "crazy" aspect of that non sourced letter.

They are ignoring the actual sources that show credible sources in regards to Bank Holidays, and the intense financial calamity that is ensuing.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

S and F - thank you for sticking your neck out to warn others.

I have been reading from many sources that one is coming by the end of Sept., maybe even the week of the 24th.

Why?

FDIC has their 2nd quarter report to come out on the 24th (next Monday)- they already have not taken over 2 Huge banks - because they are out of money. The report (from my understanding) will have about 1000 banks underwater and should be taken over. Guess what - won't be - because FDIC doesn't have the money.

So, will it become public, and people worry about their money and begin a run on the banks?

I can also say, I had already sent emails out the last few days, letting my friends and family know - that they should get the majority of their money out of the bank, and just put money in as they need it - for bill paying etc.

OH, but guess what - someone has reported - their bank only let them have 2 thousand (a new policy for the bank/credit union) - so are all banks going to only let people have a little of their OWN money?

Oh, yep - webbot says "bank holiday" Sept. lots won't reopen.

So - I sure in the He#% don't want the banks who have already gotten billions to get whatever money I have too!!

Again, thanks for sticking your neck out - and trying to get the message out. All you can do is tell people - if they decide to take heed, good for them, if not - "Oh Well" - you tried. I will not feel sorry, for those who aren't looking at the truth - if others are trying to get the truth to them. If people lose their money and they were warned - well - too bad.

Also - if people think about it - if cities (Chicago and Birmingham) can shut those cities down for a day - due to money - what makes it so unbelievable, banks wouldn't do the same thing?

I mean seriously - Chicago is shutting down tomorrow - and yet, people think it is outrageous that banks would do the same thing?!

Those are the ones who are not Denying Ignorance - the ones who refuse to accept what is Really happening.

A link that may help with the message more is here:
www.kitco.com...

the truth is written there in the article - of what is Really happening.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

S and F - thank you for sticking your neck out to warn others.

Hold on a second qa ...

Sticking his neck out?

All he did was copy paste someone else's words and didn't even bother to cite the source which netwarrior and myself looked up. Are we giving medals out for that?

Now as to the content, I read the posts above and remain unconvinced. Not that anyone should care that I am unconvinced, but you say all that is in that email is true and is what's happening.

Please show us.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I agree, he did not exactly do a good job of getting the word out - he should have sources referenced etc. So, people would understand. I had read that email yesterday off Quayle's site. That is not verification to me - but considering I have read from many other sources the same event happening and basically unavoidable with FDIC news.

Also I edited my post - added more - to it, since you read it.

There is an amazing set of youtube vids - it takes a couple of hours to go through them all - but it is charts and reality spread out - with verifications. It is the down and dirty of what is happening and going to be happening, spelled out. It is all financial stuff - but he makes it easy to understand for those who may not be all that financially savey (like me).

link to get started with Chris Martenson youtubes - it is called "Crash Course"

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Ha! Ask Hal Turner about free speech!

reply to post by crw2006

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
1:6 conversion ratio!? Bankers will be shot left and right(and most government types) if such a switch over was forced.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Sorry, dont buy it...

not saying its impossible...

but to think anyone does banking with both rothschilds and rockefellars..well...
..if they are supposed these mega trilionaires that some say they are, why woul dthey need anyone to help them with banking?

and to think all o a suden they are just going to switch the names of the currency? what will this accomplish??

the amero doesnt mean anything unless the paramaters supporting it are completely different...I would like to know how they wish to accomplish such a feet...

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join