It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is doomed...we lack the stomach for change!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I really don't think Americas in the 21st century understand the enormous sacrifice our Founding Fathers and others experienced when they created and signed the Declaration and Constitution. There are many of us on here that understand. But then again we are not your "average" American. I'd like to think ATSers are usually more informed and better "learned" than their average American counterpart. Especially the younger generations. We are so used to our comfort. I happened upon this article which will resonate with many. And it goes to the heart of my opinion that the ballot box no longer matters. It's going to take sacrifice along the lines of what these men endured for America to change course. We are so far removed from death, violence, heartache, loss, as much as we are removed from bravery, courage, freedom, etc. We talk about revolution, we talk about change, we talk about our disgust with our government and politicians. Yet after we are done talking, we go to bed, wake up the next morning, go pay our taxes and repeat the cycle all over again. Why do we as Americans, whose history and freedom has been born in blood and violence, think we are immune to it in this day and age? Without violence what will really change? Americans are up against a wall..........with our government holding a knife to our throats.........what would Ghandi do? What would Jefferson do?

Those of us who scream revolution and real change do we understand at what price such events will come?

www.quiltbus.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm on board to help you Yanks! Even if I lose my soul or life.

new topics

join