It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why didn't the bank bailout wake America up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I keep reading all these charged up people over the health care issue and wonder.

Why is it that we bail out the banks and no one did a anything? Why did we not uprise and say enough is enough? the banks caused this mess and then we bail them out and they still foreclose on American families.

Where is the anger at all this?

Why are we being so....un-American?

I thought we wore the white hats.

We have too many selfish cowards in our country anymore.

If this were any other nation there would have been hell to pay.

We get raped by the banks, the Corporations, the Government Etc. and no one does a thing about it?

I want my bailout money back.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I think most people knew government was corrupt...they just didn't know how bad it was. Another thing is that Congressman weren't doing town halls while they were trying to pass the bank bailout bill. If they were....you'd likely see things worse than they are now.

More people are becoming aware of why the government is corrupted. Special interest groups, organizations, bankers, and corporations have all tainted and corrupted government.

The writing is on the wall....some just don't see it...but more are each day. It can be difficult with all of the disinfo out there as well.

But once they see it....

It will all begin to make sense...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Why is it that we bail out the banks and no one did a anything? Why did we not uprise and say enough is enough?

dictionary.reference.com...

As little as a contribution as this seems - this is a fair generalization IMO.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
More people are becoming aware of why the government is corrupted. Special interest groups, organizations, bankers, and corporations have all tainted and corrupted government.

The gross irony is that, this sentence was essentially Obama's stump speech a year and a half ago. We had somebody who was willing to acknowledge the problems, and the corruption; and when he got elected, these groups rolled right over him. THAT, I think, speaks volumes about how difficult this problem will be to overcome.

As the gangsters say: "Roll or get rolled over."

[edit on 12-8-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The media only jumped on it after it was passed.

The media this time is pretending we have a say in it and to say it now!

It will end the same.

F$%^&D.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I think it is the suits they wear.

Something.
Maybe the average American thinks if you wear a suit, you must be smart and hardworking. We should do what people in suits say we should. The wall street suit is like...+10 protective Armour against accusation. lol

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

THAT, I think, speaks volumes about how difficult this problem will be to overcome.

Right. Instead...let's accuse each other of being Nazi's and brown shirts. That will fix everything!

Sometimes i think there is no hope.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The bank bailout did wake America up. It just took time for them to get organized and how to connect and open up with other people.

What do you think started the whole "tea party" movement? It was the bank bailouts. But people were quick to dismiss them with sexual innuendos and as racists, also as right wing extremist.

It's been going on now for a few months, where have you been?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Sometimes i think there is no hope.

Only sometimes?

Try to keep hope. I, for one, appreciate the ATS members who are passionate about their views, and are also willing to get into endless battles with people who don't understand what they're trying to say.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
The bank bailout did wake America up. It just took time for them to get organized and how to connect and open up with other people.

What do you think started the whole "tea party" movement? It was the bank bailouts. But people were quick to dismiss them with sexual innuendos and as racists, also as right wing extremist.

It's been going on now for a few months, where have you been?

The tea parties were not about the bank bailouts. What the heck are you talking about?

The invocations of the Boston Tea Party—on April 15, no less—suggested that the protests stemmed from anger about taxes under Obama. But Obama has not actually increased income taxes—only the federal tax on tobacco, which the majority of people don't pay. His tax plan calls for cutting income taxes for most Americans, and not raising them on the rest until 2011.

www.reason.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I don't know what to tell you.

I don't even want to go on about it because if you can't see it then you are blind. Just the way it is.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

Only sometimes?

I know.
I don't even know how it can be fixed. I know how I want it to happen..I just don't think it's possible to do. All of us will keep getting screwed...we'll even let ourselves get screwed to defend our ideologies....why?

I lay awake at night wondering how big of a mess that has been left my kid....

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
There are numerous reasons. First, consider the fact that 100 is the median IQ all over the world. There has never been a golden age of general human intelligence or wisdom in any time or at any place.

Second, we are complacent. We have been used to "being the guys who wear the white hat" so long, we have forgotten how much evil comes with power. People refuse to believe that things are so bad because they look out their window and see the birds twittering and the kids playing on bikes and the blue sky, and none of this seems compatable with a scam at the highest level.

Third, the details are complex and take a long time to unravel and understand, even for pros. Even intelligent people are often too tired and overloaded with other work to keep their eyes on the ball.

Fourth, our mainstream media has failed us. Where is the generation of Woodward and Bernstien that would relentlessly attack TPTB? The answer is they have all been fired or retired, and the MSM has been consolidated into fewer and fewer hands...most of them heavily vested in the status quo and maintaining their stock prices.

Fifth, America has seen a serious moral decline, or decline in character, over the last 30 or 40 years. We aren't the same nation we were then. We grew fat, selfish, decadent, and lazy. Its like watching the decline and fall of rome on super-fast-forward. It took them 4 centuries; it only took us 4 decades.

Sixth, Americans in general are unrealistically hopefull. This is the basis of the "American dream." It pulled the dreamers and optimists and "stay positive no matter what" crowd from around the world, and led to a culture of obsessive optimism. At its best, this can result in great achievements. At its worst, raw denial: "So what if the credit card is maxxed out, I have no job, and the house is about to be foreclosed on? I'm sure if I read "The Secret" one more time and click my heels like Dorothy, it will all turn out for the better in no time."

To end on a positive note, I think a growing number of people ARE enraged, ARE looking beyond the MSM for answers, and DO HAVE THE POTENTIAL to make real change. But these things take awhile. Be a bit more patient, the pain will get worse and once the remote control no longer runs and there is no more beer in the fridge, people really will "take it to the streets," for good or ill. There are a lot of fat, flabby, out-of-touch Americans, but there are also a lot of hard-as-steel Americans who know what time it is. Look to this latter crowd.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

I don't even want to go on about it because if you can't see it then you are blind. Just the way it is.

I didnt make this thread so you can tell me I am blind.

The tea party movement started because Obama was talking about helping
Americans with there foreclosures. The bank bailout was barely mentioned at that time as the reason.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Now that is the kind of contribution I was trying to provoke with this thread.

A star for you.

Your points were my thoughts exactly.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

It was about the bailouts, point, period, paragraph. Most of America didn't want the bailouts to pass and they got angry, then came talk of more bailouts and people are actually doing something.

Take it for what you will but the fact is people are standing up and protesting it all right now. All started because of the continuous bailouts.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Don't you see the two camps forming already?

I'm not talking that fake left vs right dog n pony show

I'm talking about US and THEM

US = seek out the truth and see thru the lies and the liars and try to call them on it.

THEM = those who oppose us at every turn saying anything to get their way or ignoring us or smearing us, either people/citizen or public official. They make up what ever truth they want and deny any truth we have.

Just look at that crowd of folks who thought they elected some kind of savior!!!! I knew he was a puppet long before he made office. Why can I see, but they cannot? I guess they do not have eyes that see and ears that hear.

I can see a civil war coming out of this. I don't know when or how it will happen, but there are some really angry folks out there and it doesn't seem to be getting better at all.

And the press being controlled is no help to those with blinders on. Perhaps these folks really aren't patriots!? They just see which way the wind is blowing and hop on board, they wouldn't dare buck popular opinion, they don't have the spine for it. They only know they don't ever want to be a conspiracy theorist or anything like that.

time for bed.....

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Now that is the kind of contribution I was trying to provoke with this thread.

A star for you.

Your points were my thoughts exactly.

Thanks for the star and kudos.

As far as I'm concerned, all the brouhaha about health care is a red herring to destract the masses from attention to the more serious underlying economic and political issues, and you can see this in the way the MSM is pumping this stuff nonstop.

I know healthcare is important but we are facing LOTS of vital issues that are basically being ignored.

Another thing...this stirrs up partisan emotions. Suddenly everyone takes sides and its this great Manichean struggle between the "liberals" and the "conservatives." Ever heard the term "divide and conquer?" By getting Americans to "root for their team" like a bunch of drunken sports fans, this means they aren't paying attention to the man behind the curtain, who continues to pick our pockets and ultimately doesn't give a tin **** whether a dem or rep sits in the oval office.

The whole thing is a non-issue, a distraction meant to keep us from asking deeper questions.

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain:"
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b49d8ab5955c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8775e32a7795.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Speaking of distractions.

How about the idol worshiping shows like;

Access Hollywood

The Insider

And the newz themselves who fawn over celebrities.

total Idol worship if I've ever seen it.

How about American Idol...Just how many singers does the world need?

Apparently there's a SHORTAGE where they have to do a show for more and more of them!!!

Yes, folks are totally distracted.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by toasted]

top topics

join