It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Matthews Unloads On Protester Who Carried Gun To Obama Event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I truly despise MSNBC.

Chris Matthews condescends to this gentleman for about eight minutes because he decided to carry an unconcealed gun to a health care reform protest. The gentleman is polite, answers all the questions asked, makes very good points about his stance, and yet Chris Matthews does his best to make him out to be a would-be assassin. I'm really glad I don't watch cable news.

TA

[edit on 12-8-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

That guy handled himself so well that he both got his point across and made Chris Mathews look like the giant jackass that he is.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I loathe Chris Matthews, care even less for MSNBC.

That said, I tend to agree, bringing the gun to that particular event, in that context was a stupid thing to do. It sends the wrong message at the wrong time. We need debate and dialog first, save the drama, bullets and blood for a last resort.

What I see here is a relatively intelligent citizen, who showed up at a major event with a legal open and loaded firearm, just because he could, and his intention was to get attention, which he did!

Attention whores like this only muddy the waters and confuse the issues.

Unless, he was a democratic plant actually working for MSNBC?

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Unless, he was a democratic plant actually working for MSNBC?

Interesting theory, I'll have to give some thought to that one. I tend to agree with you if the guy was doing it for attention; however, if he just always carries a gun, then I don't see an issue.

reply to post by HotDogNoBun

I agree 100%. This guy handled himself like a pro. I'm quite proud of him for making Chris Matthews look so aweful, regardless of what his reason for carrying the gun was.

TA

top topics

join