It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stocks: The latest Fed bubble

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Stocks: The latest Fed bubble

money.cnn.com

NEW YORK (Fortune) -- The Federal Reserve has spent the past year cleaning up after a housing bubble it helped create. But along the way it may have pumped up another bubble, this time in stocks.

To head off the worst downturn since the Great Depression, the central bank has slashed interest rates while funneling money to banks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
It is about time that the MSM covers the fact that a new bubble is being formed. I feel that this might be the bubble that pops this fall causing once again another stock market crash.

So if I interpret this correct plus fill in the gaps I can come to a very interesting conclusion.

The financial institutions are addicted to gambling. This is how they have made money so far. My thoughts are that they did not take the money and use it to relieve "toxic assets" instead they reinvested back into the stock market. Using insider information they have gambled with taxpayer monies and now stand to lose even more, requiring further taxpayer intervention.

I cannot state that that is how it is but it sure seems to be a very plausible scenario that is playing out. This time if the bubble pops, it is going to get real ugly real fast.

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I think the stock market is faker than monopoly money these days.

Here is a interesting observation I have made, although I admit I have very little proof.

Websites such as WallStreetSurvivor allow you to play the stocks with fake $$$, to see if you "would have" did well or not with your stock picks.

However, something I noticed, is that when I invested in smaller volume companies, like for example a company with 150,000 in volume, I would typically buy like 6000+ shares as they were so called "penny stocks" cuz they are cheap.

Well, when I would click to "sell" my "FAKE" shares in one of these smaller trading outfits, I would notice the volume of trading on that stock was also altered around the same time as I conducted my "fake" trade.

This perplexed me as quite a coincidence, so I looked into it a little further, and realized that the trading volume of that particular stock rose or fell totally in line with my fake trading.

This means one of two things. Either 1) major coincidence or 2) my fake stocks are backed with real money.

Of course most people will say "# 1 Major coincidence", but part of me is really beginning to believe that #2 may be the reality.

Are fake trading stock websites actually being used to generate fake activity in the stock market, in order to make it look like people are still trading stocks like crazy?? I do not know.

But it sure looks like they are doing this. But why? Maybe the stock market lost a ton of trader volume, so bad that it was in jeopardy of totally being shut down. And in order to remedy this they give people like me the opportunity to trade "fake stocks" with a "fake account" but in reality I am actually trading REAL stocks with a REAL account!

This could in theory keep the stock market active when most small time investors have pulled out.

What I am saying is, part of this "Stock Bubble" that is going to pop soon could very well be that "fantasy stock trading websites" could actually be using our picks as actual stock activity.

This is a hell of a bubble if true. Because when this one pops, the system is coming down with it.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
One of my stocks,
HGSI - Bought for $0.89, Now worth $16.21, Gain 1,722.58%
Thanks for coming!

top topics

join