It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GM says new Volt could get 230 mpg in city driving

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

GM says new Volt could get 230 mpg in city driving

www.breitbart.com

General Motors said Tuesday its Chevrolet Volt electric car could get 230 mpg in city driving, making it the first American vehicle to achieve triple-digit fuel economy if that figure is confirmed by federal regulators.

But when the four-door family sedan hits showrooms late next year, its efficiency will come with a steep sticker price: $40,000.

Still, the Volt's fuel efficiency would be four times more than the popular Toyota Prius hybrid, the most efficient car now sold in the U.S.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Has anyone else seen the documentary "Who Killed the Electric Car?" Fascinating look at early attempts to get America off of oil and become energy independent. I understand part of it was market dynamics as those early cars picked the worst time possible to start coming out, but it is still curious as to why they were halted so abruptly.

If this is a legitimate claim then this is a huge step towards energy independence for the US. The only thing that is troublesome is the 300 mile range. While it is more than enough for your daily commute, I can't imagine trying to go on a road trip in that.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Wow, I'm an idiot. Didn't see a thread already existed, please lock.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I heard this on the news today, but still dont believe it...its 4x what the prius is getting, and obviously prius is in its 3rd genereation or so. I will reserve my judgment until its proven.

top topics

join