It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A poor, or even middle class man could never be president of the U.SA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Consider this: unless you can get the backing of some serious money (426.9 million, or more considering what happened this election) You will never be president of the U.S.A, the rags to riches country immigrants come to (or used to come to) thinking they would get rich, die fat and old, and prosper with children.
It never was this way. Lincoln was born into a log cabin, his father was a farmer. Lincoln grew up to be one of the best leaders this country, he grew up to lead this country through a war that had us divided.
Although Thomas Jefferson grew up as one of the richest families in America at that time, he was very poor at managing money and died deeply in debt, part of the reason he could not free his slaves. Can you imagine a president in todays world dieing in debt? Obama's unknown amount of wealth vanshing? George Bush loosing his ranch? It is virutualy unknown to this country this day and age, a country where you can buy a record deal and buy presidency.
The big TV stations refused to play Ron Paul, but I bet if he would have paid them a fat amount of change then that would have changed.
I am disgusted by the role money plays into american politics. It's a twisted system.

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I think you figured out exactly whats wrong with our voting system today.

Hit the nail on the head. There's no logic to it. Corruption gets elections.

S & F!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I disagree. I think that it IS possible but outrageously improbable for the reasons you cite. IF a truly vast number of people in the country backed this imaginary candidate with even small donations it would be posisble to fuel the campaign and attract even larger money sources. It COULD be done. But getting a significant number of people singing from the same sheet of music is unlikely and getting them to DO anything even more unlikely.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Charisma, marketing, and lots and lots of money are what makes a president these days.

Sadly, you could have someone who has all the answers to make this country a better place, but without $ he/she will go unnoticed.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Good job Summer.

Kinda sad. So easy to get disillusioned. How can someone so wealthy really even CARE about the poor?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This could change now with the advent of the internet. Ron Paul may not have won the election but I truley believe that his revolution started something that may change the scope of futer election by getting the word out without having to pay millions of dollars for small TV spots. This also could be why they want to control the internet; to keep people like you and me from ever having a chance of becoming President, as this would be a direct challenge to the status quo.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Totally right about the money getting you to the big boys game. I think it takes more than money though. I think the next president is already being groomed by his trainer. Remember that the presidency is too important to be left to the public's choice.
Ron Paul's campaign made a good amount of cash and he was still snubbed by the media. I think he should have sent everyone over the age of 40 a letter in the mail to capture the hearts of the non-internet crowd.

Ron's son is going to run for office in Kentucky. Who knows, we might see a Patriot in the oval office someday...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
I disagree. I think that it IS possible but outrageously improbable for the reasons you cite. IF a truly vast number of people in the country backed this imaginary candidate with even small donations it would be posisble to fuel the campaign and attract even larger money sources. It COULD be done. But getting a significant number of people singing from the same sheet of music is unlikely and getting them to DO anything even more unlikely.
Impossible. The elite own all the news sites and brainwash people into voting on who they want voted in.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
before computers they were still able to manipulate... the count...
with computers its simple... even a sitting seat holder could do it...
www.blackboxvoting.org...

google video: Voter Fraud
movies: Hacking Democracy

top topics

join