It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't ask Hilary Clinton what Bill Clinton thinks of Chinese investment in Congo.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
"My husband is not secretary of state, I am"

A student at a university in the Democratic Republic of Congo got a sharp response from US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton when he asked what her husband thought of an issue.

Mrs Clinton was asked, through a translator, what former President Bill Clinton thought about Chinese investment in the country.

Officials said later that the student had apologised to Mrs Clinton, saying he had meant to ask what President Obama thought.

Wow....just wow....you really have to watch the video in the link.

The student was asking Hilary Clinton what was her husband Bill Clinton's thoughts on Chinese investment in Congo.

A relevant question, considering he did used to be President of the US.

Her reaction was amazing. She could have brushed the question off politely, but instead nearly takes the poor student's head off!

Talk about an evident inferiority complex with her husband!

Personally, she's the one who should apologise. Fairly evident to me she did not want to even be there, and it's suggestive that if it's not some world leader or other powerful person she's going to meet, she's not interested in you and will see you as nothing less than a minion to be dismissed out of hand and treated with contempt.

Okay, so the student did not speak good english, but being answered to like that was out of order.

Such self-importance, arrogance and ego! Perhaps if the student was a world player he would have got respect.

Disgusting. The mask of TPTB slips.....

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Yup. The first term that comes to mind is arrogance. Looks like poor Billary is still living in the shadow of her husband.

Thank you very much.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
How about a bit of civility when visiting a foreign country, eh? Channeling her husband? She "channeled" him leading up to his presidency, she "channeled" him during his 8 years of being president. I guess she gave up "channeling" him now.
Maybe she didn't get enough sleep the previous night. Whatever. She has always seemed to me to be a bit of a spoiled brat who grew into an adult who never lost that me me me attitude.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I agree with the both of you. I wonder if she she feels upstaged by her husband bringing those journalists home from North Korea - It seems to me she has a inferiority complex to the fact he was President and she has yet to be.

I think we are seeing here the driving force behind Bill Clinton during his years as President, the power behind the throne, so to speak.

top topics

join