It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Your Not The Boss Of Me!" Great Read, And Inspiration For Saying NO To Tyrants!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I wanted to paraphrase the article with quotes, and some of my own opinions. I found the article to be awe inspiring, and really helped explain some of the ideas, and thoughts on the back of my mind; which I never had words for.

Enjoy

For full article, and credit for the quotes to:www.larkenrose.com...

The colonists did not merely beg the king to change his ways. In fact, the Declaration explains how they had tried that, to no avail. Instead, the colonists were doing something far more drastic. In short, they committed treason. They broke the law. They disobeyed their government. They were traitors, criminals and tax cheats. The Boston Tea Party was not merely a tax protest, but open lawlessness. Furthermore, truth be told, some of the colonists were even cop-killers.

Bare in mind the original inspiration for the modern day "Tea Parties" came from the Boston Tea Party. In my opinion the tea parties of today are similar, but skewed by Fox Noise, and others. I know many of the Tea Parties are Bi-partisan, and full of Renegades such as myself. Notice the end of the paragraph; COP KILLER'S...... OMG our founding father's did what was necessary, or what they deemed as necessary toward the ***policy enforcement*** goons of the day. I wonder how much was too much for them?

We know who eventually won, and we don't mind cheering for the rebels. But make no mistake: when you cheer for the founders of this country, you are cheering for law-breakers and traitors.

This is very important for the average six pack joe, aka joe the plumber, and for scholars alike. Our celebrated founding father's would be considered scum of scum; the scurge of the nation today. What this boils down to is ******being a patriot isn't cool, but it is necessary for liberty********

Imagine the equivalent of what the colonists did so many years ago, being done today. Imagine a group of people writing a letter to the United States government, sending a letter to Congress and to the President, saying that they would no longer pay federal taxes, they would no longer obey federal laws, and that they would resist--by force, if necessary--any attempt by federal agents to enforce those laws. How would a group which did such things be viewed today, by most Americans?

Most US American's today are under some kind of weird spell. They use phrases which ring true of freedom, but they fall short in their actions. They are pheasants roaming the land.

Notice the first step by the Founding Father's was ****Civil Disobedience***** They used a magical word; which we know as ***NO***. They simply said, "NO, I will not comply".

We have the same power, and when we muster our "People Power" there is no stopping all of us. No one is our boss, We are our own boss individually.

For years and years, in the churches and schools, on the news, in the media, and from everywhere around us, we have been taught one thing above all else: that obedience to authority is the highest virtue, and that disobedience is the worst sin. As a result, even most of those who now claim to be zealous advocates for individual rights and personal liberty will almost always couch their "demands" with disclaimers that, of course, their efforts for justice will be done "within the system," and that they would never advocate anything "illegal." They claim to be devout proponents of freedom, and yet all they ever do is seek a political solution, whether through lobbying of politicians, elections, or other government-approved means.

The quote above is ***key***!!!! We've been brain washed by the very institutions we pay to teach, nurture, and build a better tomorrow. The Government has ensured, or tried to ensure "We The People" think inside the box; which they designed, and had us build ourselves. Our own slave quarter's, or is it soon to be slaughterhouse? I guess that's up to you, but there are many amongst the masses who can see the light of day, and don't operate inside the set parameters, or their special precious box!!!

Over time we have forgotten a very important secret--a secret the control freaks don't want you to know; a secret some of the Founders hinted at, though even most of them didn't seem to fully grasp it. Ready for it? You own yourself. You are not the property of the politicians, or anyone else. I own me, and you own you. Each of you owns himself. Sounds simple enough, right? And most people respond with, "Well duh, of course. That's no secret. We knew that." But in reality most people don't know that.

Praise Jesus(Spanish pronunciation)... Ding Ding Ding, Siren bells ablazing!!! We've got a winner.... The secret is we OWN OURSELVES. The Bill Of Rights were simply the Natural Rights of all creation around set forth by "god". The god was in a general sense; the creator who created what we see, and the laws laid down by nature. When ****you site your rights, your not siting a piece of old paper; your siting your Natural Rights******** These don't need to be told to you by government, man, or paper. They are enumerated all around you in Nature.

You are always, at all times, in every situation, obligated to do what you deem right, no matter what so-called "government" and "authority" and "law" have to say about it. And when the tyrants and control freaks, authoritarian thugs and megalomaniacs, try to tell you that are an evil, nasty, despicable criminal and traitor for daring to think for yourself, you have a right and duty to stand firm, and say, with confidence, "You are not the boss of me!"

In short do what you deem Correct, Just, Noble, and by your contract with god as defined by Nature through your Natural Rights.

Stand The F**k UP!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Good post and thoughtful. When I first hear about Alex Jones' site "Prison Planet", I thought about something else.

I thought about the Van Allen Radiation Belt. Weren't we supposed to have some kind of real space exploration or possibly off world colonies by now?

I think we're stuck here for now. No Star Trek, no Star Wars, etc.

We have no outlet for those who search and wander and want to be free.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Sigh ... not wanting to sound controversial here or anything, but most grown-ups realise (whether or not they say it out loud) that they ARE the bosses of us, in pratical terms.

It's a two-way street and most of the time, most of us play along.

They take a portion of our money and in return they keep the streets safe for us and our kids. They provide schools. They build roads for us to drive to work and sometimes to play. They maintain armies to defend us and our property and 'rights'. We're able to worship where and when we like, or not. And so on.

Our side of the bargain is to pay taxes so they can maintain the above and more. We also undertake to be co-operative members of society (society being all those 'others' like ourselves).

Most of the time it works reasonably well. If we fail to adhere to the laws of the land, we can find ourselves in trouble.

We go along with the system because it saves us lots of time and stress, etc. It means we don't have to build our own little roads and schools and churches all over the place. It means we don't have to sit up all night guarding our family. It means we don't have to go to war with our neighbours over property boundaries, etc. And means we don't have to build our own planes and tanks to defend ourselves from possible attack from foreign powers.

We vote for whomever we'd like to 'run the country'. Most of the time we're not happy with their performance, but at least we're provided the illusion of choice every few years.

Therefore, we are as much 'their' bosses as they are ours.

It's not a perfect system. But it's preferable to living in a country where millions of individuals each believe themselves to be The Boss -- and then expand on the theme by attempting to become the Boss of everyone in the neighbourhood.

I can live with the system and I do. That's the challenge, isn't it .. learning to fit in, to jump over the cracks, feed the family, pay the bills, see the forest beyond the trees and save the big-guns for the fights that really matter.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

your contract with god as defined by Nature through your Natural Rights.

By the way -- God entered no contract with me that I'm aware of.

You say this contract was 'defined by Nature through my Natural Rights'

My Natural Rights as defined by Nature are to survive -- to kill or be killed -- to eat or be eaten. That's all. That's the deal Nature handed me at birth.

I didn't arrive with a scroll in my tiny fist, outlining any specific 'rights'. However, I was provided care, sustenance, protection by larger creatures who'd voted in a government which had sworn to protect me and which itself granted me rights -- such as the 'right' to be regarded as innocent until proven guilty. And the 'right' to legal representation.

The elected government also made my basic education a 'right'. Nowhere did God provide those rights. Just as God didn't give wild (or domestic) animals (Nature) the 'right' to be protected from predators, be they animal or human.

The tub-thumping might sound fine and collect stars, but behind the rhetoric exists a real and fairly mundane world.

You want to put your claimed 'Natural Rights' to the test? Then wander off into the wilderness alone. Tell predators all about your 'rights' under Nature. See if that prevents them from attacking and eating you.

Or .. jump off a ship ten miles from shore. Then you'll have the choice between lecturing the waves and sharks about your Natural Rights -- or swimming like mad to try to save your own skin.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by son of total newbie

There are many beacons of light out there; it's just a matter of listening to them.

I cannot really say one way, or another if we are trapped on this planet as you jadedly mentioned. I think there is certainly evidence in the ancient text for that, and you've got a point that we've not gone very far.

Oh, and from where I'm sitting it feels a little like a prison

reply to post by St Vaast

Sigh ... not wanting to sound controversial here or anything, but most grown-ups realise (whether or not they say it out loud) that they ARE the bosses of us, in pratical terms.

Are you a child? I am an adult, and a free inhabitant of the land. I do what I want, when I want. I have no bosses. I am self employed, and only do work when I need to pay for a facet of life.

"Sigh"....get real.

They take a portion of our money and in return they keep the streets safe for us and our kids. They provide schools. They build roads for us to drive to work and sometimes to play. They maintain armies to defend us and our property and 'rights'. We're able to worship where and when we like, or not. And so on.

A portion of money?? Try upwards of 50% in total. I've never relied on 'them' to keep my streets safe, and only a weak mind would trust their life with another absolute.

The roads built are paid for through fuel taxes, and I have no problem with those. They maintain armies to defend us??? Hello!!!!!

They have armies to create currency flow. Look at Haliburton's 100 dollar charge for washing US military BDU's. The Military isn't allowed to wash their own clothing. The military as you elude to is controlled by the whims of ******private corporations*******, and most secrecy issues run through private ********special access programs********....
[\]
\=

What Property Rights?

You've more, or less admitted to being under 18 so you've got no clue; don't pay property taxes, and they take your land. Our method of land title has us listed as nothing more than tenants.

Able to worship where ever when ever?
I have no opinion there.

Our side of the bargain is to pay taxes so they can maintain the above and more. We also undertake to be co-operative members of society (society being all those 'others' like ourselves).

Yes, you make a great loyalist. I'd bet you'd like a time machine, then you could go back in time with a shank. You could then be remembered for stabbing countless numbers of the "Founding Father's".

Of note you realize your place as a ****SHEEPLE******; as you keep referring to *****them****

We go along with the system because it saves us lots of time and stress, etc. It means we don't have to build our own little roads and schools and churches all over the place. It means we don't have to sit up all night guarding our family. It means we don't have to go to war with our neighbours over property boundaries, etc. And means we don't have to build our own planes and tanks to defend ourselves from possible attack from foreign powers.

A continuance of your ***sheeple*** attitude. A continuance of ignorant bliss. "Ah, Gawd, this donut is really good, protest, what???"

Your explanation would fit well with an enemy discouraging their prime foe. Behave, and I'll let you have your pleasantries, don't, and you'll suffer.

Why do "WE" need war? I don't need war; I know it is a tool of the Elite to make countless billions. Are you an Elite child?

We vote for whomever we'd like to 'run the country'. Most of the time we're not happy with their performance, but at least we're provided the illusion of choice every few years. Therefore, we are as much 'their' bosses as they are ours.

No, you vote for whomever was drilled in your head more. You actually don't vote since your a child. The adults vote in a two party paradigm. This paradigm leaves no real choice.
We their bosses??? Huh, if you'd been alive long enough, then you'd realize people have been angry for a long time due to govt. not listening.

It's not a perfect system. But it's preferable to living in a country where millions of individuals each believe themselves to be The Boss -- and then expand on the theme by attempting to become the Boss of everyone in the neighbourhood. I can live with the system and I do. That's the challenge, in't it .. learning to fit in, to jump over the cracks, feed the family, pay the bills, see the forest beyond the trees and save the big-guns for the fights tat really matter.

o
Your a child from your own words. The control set in place facilitates the bullies ruling the roost. When, and if You grow up you'll see this.
I cannot tell you any different until the date your of age. This world is full of tyrants, and Elites.

You've got choices: be a sheeple/loyalist, and hope your one of the useful slaves, or be a patriot, and stand up for yourself, and the natural rights of nature.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I didn't arrive with a scroll in my tiny fist, outlining any specific 'rights'. However, I was provided care, sustenance, protection by larger creatures who'd voted in a government which had sworn to protect me and which itself granted me rights -- such as the 'right' to be regarded as innocent until proven guilty. And the 'right' to legal representation.

No you didn't arrive with a scroll, or a chip on your shoulder. When I reference god, I'm referencing the rules, and laws of Nature in this space, time, and dimension. Not really god in the Christians sense, as I'm sure you assumed.o

You did enter into a contract here when you were born. It states at some point after doing what is necessary to LIVE, then you'll die. They are the cosmic rules here.

You may not be able to think that deep, but I cannot help that.

Until Proven guilty??? HA HA HA
Just wait until you've had a real run in with the totalitarian govt. we have now.

You want to put your claimed 'Natural Rights' to the test? Then wander off into the wilderness alone. Tell predators all about your 'rights' under Nature. See if that prevents them from attacking and eating you. Or .. jump off a ship ten miles from shore. Then you'll have the choice between lecturing the waves and sharks about your Natural Rights -- or swimming like mad to try to save your own skin.

Ah, so you do understand the concept of Natural Rights. Funny that you'd mention those two examples of proving myself.

I spend my time between Montana, and the Caribbean. I hike few miles a day when in Montana-in the wilderness. I swim in the Tiger shark infested ocean.

No worries, and no testosterone. I understand the rules of this existence. I am my own boss. ****The individual decisions I make will effect the future of my time here, or length of contract here.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

You want to put your claimed 'Natural Rights' to the test? Then wander off into the wilderness alone. Tell predators all about your 'rights' under Nature. See if that prevents them from attacking and eating you. Or .. jump off a ship ten miles from shore. Then you'll have the choice between lecturing the waves and sharks about your Natural Rights -- or swimming like mad to try to save your own skin.

You quoted that St. Vaast, and this is actually a prime example of natural rights, but one that you have neglected to mention and one that you have stated that you would rather delegate away to other people.

That natural right is defending yourself.

What this OP is about is the nature of the beast. People have been brainwashed into thinking that people that have never met me know what is better for me than I do.

If we all acted as we were all our own bosses, then there would be a very finite set of rules that would be followed, one is mind your own business. Another is, don't rob, steal, murder, or cause harm to anyone unless it is in self defense. Another is respect other people even if you disagree with them. Another one is respecting each others privacy.

The only way to actually progress as a human race is to take responsibility for one self and have a universal agreement with everyone based off of a finite set of rules. There is no reason for millions of pages of laws, if everyone can agree to a simple set of laws. Self-government is the answer to our problems, but in order to have self-government you must understand that you are your own boss.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Are you a child? I am an adult, and a free inhabitant of the land. I do what I want, when I want. I have no bosses. I am self employed, and only do work when I need to pay for a facet of life.

"Sigh"....get real.

It's up there. You wrote it.

You say a lot. But what does it mean ?

Let's examine it, shall we .. again.

You say you 'do what you want when you want'.

I don't believe you.

You write posts that are sensationalistic and designed, in my opinion, to appeal to the immature and those with not a lot of experience plus big chips on their shoulders.

Personally, I suspect many of your posts are for the purpose of increasing your ATS 'status' and are thus exploitative.

What can you do with ATS points by the way ? Do they help you get a bank loan ? Can you include them in a resume ? Can you cite them in court as evidence of your 'standing' in the online community ?

I'd appreciate it if you posted substance, instead of verbiage designed to 'grab the ATS headlines' and to appeal to the uninformed rebelliousness of young and/or inexperienced members.

' You do what you want when you want ' ? Give us an 'for instance' huh ?

[edit on 11-8-2009 by St Vaast]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

What this OP is about is the nature of the beast. People have been brainwashed into thinking that people that have never met me know what is better for me than I do.

If we all acted as we were all our own bosses, then there would be a very finite set of rules that would be followed, one is mind your own business. Another is, don't rob, steal, murder, or cause harm to anyone unless it is in self defense. Another is respect other people even if you disagree with them. Another one is respecting each others privacy.

Thank You for clarifying what I may have missed. That was an excellent synopses.

It amazes me how simple it really can be. Yet, people listen to the Elites, and the conditioned life style handed out.

Sigh ... not wanting to sound controversial here or anything, but most grown-ups realise (whether or not they say it out loud) that they ARE the bosses of us, in pratical terms. Are you a child? I am an adult, and a free inhabitant of the land. I do what I want, when I want. I have no bosses. I am self employed, and only do work when I need to pay for a facet of life. "Sigh"....get real.

t
You wrote that 'adults' tell us what to do. I never said I was a child, but asked you since you left the tale tail clue of "adults=they ARE the bosses of us, in practical terms".

Look in all honesty I read the rest of your comment, and it's really not worth disecting.

It carries no weight as you answered your own questions. I can do nothing with anything from ATS. I find it funny that you notice, or deem value to worthless issues regarding ATS popularity ratings.

What can I do to convince an entity as superior as you of anything I say as being legit??? The value in anything I write is what you deem as something to think about, or ponder.

I'm not your enemy; I'm only words on your screen right now.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I agree with the idea (OP) of self-governance. Those who say it wouldn't work really have nothing to base that on. When in human history have we been without the yoke? Sure, the French and American revolutions were truly revolutionary for a certain class of people. But not everyone. I think the problem may primarily lie in the idea of an elected legislature. Their job is to make laws. Doesn't it make sense that they are going to keep on making them? Why sure, and each new elected body is going to feel the pressure to "Do something". I, for one, would prefer a "do-nothing-congress" unless that congress was all about some repeal. I love the simple rules the previous poster listed. Those would certainly keep you out of trouble, preserve your rights, and are all based on common sense (another way of saying "natural law").

[edit on 11-8-2009 by joechip]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by joechip

I, for one, would prefer a "do-nothing-congress" unless that congress was all about some repeal.

Here, here!!! What a simple concept to simply maintain existing laws. Possibly they could be like philosophers debating different meanings of the law.

Heck, I'd not care as long as the recognize the original intentions as set forth in Nature, and go golf, or something; just quit LEGISLATING

new topics

top topics

join