It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops and Government Goons ARE the Terrorists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I am honestly more afraid of the CPS stealing my child from me - on nothing but the basis of some anonymous accusation - than I am of a kidnapper.

And if CPS does steal my child - it will be the cops that help them.
Luckily he is almost grown. I hope he doesn't have kids or that something is different by the time he does.

We don't even spank and we fear the hell out of CPS. Once my husband had him at a park - he was 3 or 4? - and he got in an ant bed. My husband grabbed him and stripped his pants off and had him under a water faucet to get the ants off and he was SCREAMING. He says some old couple walked up and were looking at him like he was a pervert or something - he still talks about that - his sudden fear that they would call the cops or something and that they wouldn't even try to understand what had happened.

One of our friends was the grandparent of Jackson Bortz. We saw what CPS can do to a good family- a stellar, fairly wealthy family. They scare us.

I'm more afraid of a cop breaking the sanctity of my home than a murderer or rapist. I have a chance then - I can always shoot them and a jury might let me off. Try shooting a cop that comes in on a no-knock warrant.

link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
reply to post by KSPigpen

Well, I guess the bully at school is a terrorist too...

Yes, by the definitons provided, he would be, IF he employed any 'system' to accomplish his induction of terror.

I got this definition of "terrorist"

: the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion
www.merriam-webster.com...

A police officer is not using a system to cause terror. If you are frightened that is one thing, but those actually doing their job should not be using tools of intimidation unless you give them a reason to.

I disagree. A few pictures down in the list I provided was the Democratic National Convention. This last one. The systemic use, was the uniform, the gear, the riot lines, the batons, the training, all of these things united to comprise the 'system' that was used to induce the strong fear in the protesters, citizens, exercising their First amendment rights. The fear that motivated compliance. Coercion.

In a perfect word, you would be correct, they would not use intimidation unwarranted, but we both know this world is far from perfect.

At last, the interpretation of words plays a big role in the English language as well. But according to this definition, they are not terrorist.

again, I respectfully disagree. They ARE the system Their presence evokes fear to elicit compliance, they are terrorists by definition.

link   

I agree with what your saying...

BUT, you can't blame people for wanting those uniforms... man they look cool

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

What uniforms are you talking about?
The ones that look like cops, or the ones that they prefer now - the ones that look like MILITARY?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy

I agree with what your saying...

BUT, you can't blame people for wanting those uniforms... man they look cool

Yeah, they Do look cool. They look powerful, almost invincible. They look like they could beat on you all day and not even get a scratch.

I think it was mentioned by another awesome poster earlier how many in that position are drawn to the power. Full gear, full auto, how cool is that? Pretty damn cool, if you ask me, but scary as all hell.

They Do look more and more military every day. Maybe if we didn't live every day under what equates to tyrannical rule, we wouldn't need para-military troops patrolling our streets.

I wonder if the government makes the crime, or the crime makes the government.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locutis
those who show up to help someone who is being robbed

only show up to help those behind the white curtain.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Cops DO NOT enter homes without probable cause, the probable cause justifies a warrant... a cop has no right to enter your home without one. If you invite him in he can come in.

Justice is issued by a judge for the purpose of protecting society... say if you are a threat to others. If a warrant is issued against you, your home will not be broken into, the more of a threat you are to society... the more likely for them to go after the warrarnt. There are thousands of warrants out that aren't pursued... Your fear is EXTREMELY Misplaced.

Im 6 months from completing my Degree in Criminal Justice, My only intent is to do the right thing and protect those who deserve being protected from ignorant people...

I suggest you study Criminal Law a little bit deeper before you start threatening to kill cops under a "No Knock" Warrant. AND In case you didnt know No Knock Warrants are only issued if evidence can be destroyed before a warrnt can be served.

Thus... IF you plan on killing your child you have the right to Fear the "No-Knock" Warrant... if you dont plan on killing your child... thats great and im proud that there is one more sane person on the streets so that I can do my job without worrying that I might get shot because someone thinks im a Spy for THE POWERS THAT BE!

This thread is a joke. Police are not a threat, it is ignorant people who choose the be ignorant and remain ignorant that are the real terrorists.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by rjmelter]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

Sorry Melter. Perhaps in the six months you have left in class, you can research no-knock warrants served on the wrong house. Your statement, though well intentioned, falls short of the truth.

Please also look into search warrants obtained under false testimony and the power of the individual to file a false affidavit. We don't live in a world devoid of nefarious intentions. You won't need to look very far to find lives destroyed when due process was circumvented in the name of quick justice.

It is admirable that you are determined to do the right thing, and I hope your dreams are realized. I hope that when you obtain your degree that your interaction with your fellow man reflects your desire to do the right thing, and maybe you can exercise some personal power to turn something around for your brothers and sisters.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Uh, tell that dead old woman in Atlanta that police only come to your door on no-knock warrants if they have probably cause.

They got the wrong fool address, and she's dead.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Actually, It wasnt until the past 20 years that true justice has started being served. The reason is education. A lot of cops havent been properly educated and were hired based on their size and intimidation factors. Now the police forces are trying to hire cops with intelligence to back up the badge. The only reason the older and unjust cops are still there is because they are trying to respect the older guys RIGHT to a retirement.

It takes being on the inside to figure out what truly is on the outside.

Im not saying any of it is right, but instead of wasting words complaining about the system, I am struggling to become a part of the system to make things right... I suggest if your that passionate about it as well you should do the same.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Well, uh, intelligence, yeah.

Like I just got accused of threatening to kill a cop, when all I said was "Try shooting a cop who comes in on a no-knock warrant"

Cops are paranoid, they hear what they want to hear.

I used to work in the mental health system. I was unit director for 2 units. I lost count of the time I let someone go for patient abuse, usually for spitting on or hitting a patient we'd put in restraints -instead of having the mindset like we did - that the people were SICK and we were there to protect them - they felt anger and the need to be punitive.. so they got fired....

a month, two months later - they'd pull me over in their little cop car. HEY! I thought that was you. Look, I'm a policeman now!

oh joy. I feel so much safer now.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
It's ironic that this thread is the first one I came to tonight when going to the ATS front page. I just got pulled over by the Sheriffs Dept. For the second time in less than 2 weeks. The first time was for a license plate light being out. Then tonight, a deputy gets being me and decides to just run my tag. Well come to find out my license was suspended. For not paying a 185 dollar speeding ticket on time. They never bothered to send a letter saying that it was going to be or had been suspended. This is in the same county where Jessica Lunsford was kidnapped and held at a house 100 yards away from her house for 3 days before being buried alive, right next to the house.
I take responsibility for not paying the ticket, however, with the price of utilities having gone, up, the price of insurance gone up, gas, up, bank fees up, phone surcharges up, everything up, My paycheck, down because hours being cut, due to my companies having to put so much more money out for the same things and more. These people don't know, wait, they don't care that some of us have to live paycheck to paycheck already. And that the second we get paid, every single cent is having to go to pay something that is probably already past due. So is it any wonder that someone doesn't just have an extra 200 dollars on hand within 30 days of a ticket these days.
But that seems to be the way of Sheriff/Police Departments now. They aren't about protecting and serving, it seems they have become hired guns for the Tax Collectors office. One of the Deputies even said that the big guy in the Department was coming down on the Deputies about getting out there and writing up traffic violations. There are now a couple places in the county (Citrus, Fl) that on any given evening, 4-8 Deputy cars will be parked along a 1/2 mile stretch of road just going up behind people and running their tags. As a 20 year veteran of public service, it makes me nauseated to think what has become of public servants. There once was a time when answering the call to serve your community meant you being honored with the task of helping people in need. When you raised your hand you really were swearing an oath about your commitment to the citizens of your community. Now, that oath seems more and more like it's used as a punchline. But the again, when you have police departments who won't hire people that are too smart (like the department up in Vermont or Connecticut I think) what do you expect? I believe the argumet was officers with too high of an IQ tend to become disenfranchised with the job and leave it. And that it's a waste of tax dollars to train an officer who might quit the job after a few years. Now is it because a smart officer would get burnt out on dealing with the "dregs of society" day every day. Or is it because they see what "walking a beat" is now about and realize, that ain't shinola on their shoes? Maybe they become disillusioned because they are being told, yeah we know you want to go out there and get the bad guys. But the bad guys don't have alot of cash. And we kind of got a budget crunch. Maybe we'll have you do traffic duty tonight. The bad guys, well, their right over there, about 100 yards from us. So they won't be givin us any trouble.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

1 person out the 300 Million. 1 VS 300000000. And the cops have been disbarred, their colleges disagree with what they did, and it is one of many examples we are taught in our classes.

If you were to study law, it takes accidents and mistakes to perfect the system. I have learned over 50 court cases that has made the system at least basically workable... its going to take many more years of uncorrupt politicians, lawyers and civilians to make things even more efficient and just.

Nobody is perfect, and in all of ya'lls years of life, i do not believe the wealth of your knowledge has all the answers on sustaining your lives with the secrets to life... or the knowledge necessary to ease suffering and make this world a just one. OUR WORLD IS WORKING TOWARDS PEACE.

Its hard to Walk forward when everyone is looking back

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

You make a valid point and I can't argue with you. If your motivation is as you say, you are to be commended.

You make a valid point as I have noticed a trend lately where older, more 'seasoned' veterans of forces are being caught up in IA investigations. We can probably all remember the case of the guy denied a job as a cop some ten years ago because he was 'too intelligent' and would 'get bored.'

If I can be brought into the light of understanding, there is no loss in effort, or attempt. The only wasted words are the ones we haven't used my friend.

Your efforts are to be applauded and I sincerely hope that your idealism is not trampled out of you and that your heart won't grow leathery towards abuses by or TO your brothers and sisters.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Funshinez

Its hardly the right thing to do... to try to justify my opinions on other subjects to the subject at hand.

I Believe that if one takes care of themselves they wouldn't need healthcare. I've been sick only 2x in the past 8 years and i've never had the flu...

If you live with the Earth instead of against it you might find some peace

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter

If you were to study law, it takes accidents and mistakes to perfect the system. I have learned over 50 court cases that has made the system at least basically workable... its going to take many more years of uncorrupt politicians, lawyers and civilians to make things even more efficient and just.

A criminal justice degree is to law as an HVAC certificate is to engineering.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funshinez

The only reason the older and unjust cops are still there is because they are trying to respect the older guys RIGHT to a retirement.

Do you believe every human being has a right to health care?

Not sure where you are going with this one. There are lots of other threads to discuss healthcare. Please expand on that inquiry for us.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Funshinez

I Believe that if one takes care of themselves they wouldn't need healthcare.

I believe if corrupt officers don't follow the law, then they don't need retirement.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join