It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pendulum Stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I have a device called a pendulum that I ask yes or questions too, and it moves left for yes, and right for no. This has become very useful to me- it has allowed me to find where I left things, to know if I will pass a test or quiz, and other things. Here is a little bit of information about them.
healing.about.com...

I had heard of a thing where you can use your pendulum to talk to spirits, much like an Ouija board, execept more one one one. I made my own circular chart, fashioned with letters, "Yes" "No" "Hello" "Goodbye" "Beware" "I love you" "I miss you" "Stay" "Leave" "Goodbye" "Safe" "Great" "Sad" "Bad" "Jealous" "Help" "Happy" "Good" and "Angry."
This is my first time doing something like this with my pendulum, so I said a quick prayer, cleared my mind and thought "Is there a spirit who would like to contact me?"
It swung very strongly toward yes, so I continued by thinking:
"What is the spirits name?"
It swung very strongly toward the J, moved toward the O, then swung toward the S.
I knew who it was, my cousin Josh had died last year.
I thought "Are you safe?"
It moved to yes.
I asked him how he felt.
It swung, motioning to "Happy."
I thought, "Do you have a message for me?"
It swung toward "I love you."
I thought " I love you too. Do you have a specfic message for me?"
It swung toward "No."
I thought, "I miss you."
It went toward "I miss you."
Then, I thought: "Is death a good thing?
It moved stronger then it ever had to "No."
I asked If dying hurt.
It moved very strongly to "Yes."
Then, it motioned VERY strongly to "Leave" so I put the pendulum down, said goodbye, folded up the chart and went over to my computer...where I am now.

Does anyone own a pendulum, and has anyone used it in such a manner before?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
well my problems with your cousin is that he said death hurt and death is a bad thing. sounds like hes stuck and unable to move on.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I dont think so.
I was considering suicide for a while, and held a romantic view of death...so maybe he's saying "Man, its not worth it yet." I think thats what it is, and if he wanted me to help him he would have pointed to "help" and not to "leave."

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Does anyone else use a pendulum for everyday things/talking to spirits?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Hi - lovely to meet you!

I have a couple of pendulums...but am very wary of using them to speak to spirits.

There's an interesting concept that you will likely have heard of...that pendulums pick up on your internal voice. It's your gut talking.

I would be scared to use it to talk to spirits, as I think what I would be talking to are my hopes and fears.

I would want to speak to my father - therefore, my muscles and subconscious would interact to take me there. I would be speaking to myself.

I do use it to ask everyday questions though, and have found it successful.

I would be really interested in hearing more about your journey as you use it more often for this purpose.

Interesting thread. Well done!

Much love. x

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
You may be interested in picking up a book or two by Lobsang Rampa. I recommend 'The Thirteenth Candle', and 'You-Forever', as they both deal with pendulums, and other occult/paranormal stuff.

I think his explanation for pendulums is that, as all objects and elements that comprise the universe are essentially vibrating particles on the sub-atomic level, the human body, and all creatures that exist, exhibit quite distinct vibrations.

These vibrations would essentially affect the sensitive swing of the pendulum and the material thereof.

I'm absolutely no expert on this, but I guarantee that you will enjoy Rampa's book, as they're quite short and highly entertaining, you can find them at almost all second-hand book stores, or even new for very cheap.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
That is very interesting, I'm going to make it a point to check those books out. Thank you ver much The_Modulus.

Chill pill, that may very well be the case. I have no way to tell for certain if it is my me talking through the pendulum or if it is a legit spirit, but I make it a point to compleltely clear my mind before asking it questions, as to not let my mind interfere with it in any way...
Thank you for posting, though.

And I used it again yesterday. I asked "Do any spirits want to contact me?" and it moved to "No." I guess I was getting the cold shoulder. LOL.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I just used my pedulum to talk to spirits again, and it was my cousin, josh from last time.
I asked if any spirits would like to talk.
It moved to yes.
I asked who.
It spelt out 'J,O" again, and then I asked
"Is this josh?"
It moved to yes.
I thought I love you.
It moved to I love you.
I thought, I miss you
it moved to I miss you.
I thought
"Do you have anything to tell me?"
it moved to I love you.
I asked "How are your parents?" (they all died together in a fire.)
It moved to Great.
I asked "There're great?"
It moved to yes.
I asked "Are they with you?"
It moved to yes.
I asked if I could talk to them.
It moved to yes.
I waited a moment, then thought 'Who is it?"
It moved to C,A. Carol was the name of Josh's mom.
I asked how she was.
It moved to great.
I said "I love you."
It moved to 'I love you."
I asked it if she had any specific message she wanted to tell me.
it moved to 'I love you."
I thought "I love you too."
Then I asked 'Is chris there?"
it moved to yes.
I asked her if I could talk to him
It moved to yes.
I asked how he was.
It moved to "Great."
I ssked him if he wanted to tell me anything.
It moved to "I love you."
I asked if there was anything I could do to help him.
It moved to "Yes"
I asked him to spell it out for me.
It moved to H, then O, and I couldn't really tell, because I did a bad job with the alphabet when I made my chart, lol. So I asked him if there was an easier way to do this.
It moved to yes.
I asked if he would come to me in a dream.
It moved to yes.
I told him I loved him, then said goodbye.

So yeah, this session was much longer.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Summerdreary:

I asked if any spirits would like to talk.

You do realize that you are asking to communicate with any spirit, don't you? By asking, you will communicate with anything.

I have a pair of spirits who are always in very, very close proximity with me and my first primary contact was via pendulum. It's how I discovered their intent and later their names via alphabet card.

I later learned telepathy with them and that became our primary communication. But I do keep my pendulum and use it for occasional verification in an important matter.

Even though my spirits offer protection, I always, always address that I am communicating with them and no other.

I understand the curiosity of wondering what spirits may be lurking, hanging or passing by your vicinity. However some may take your inquiry as a form of invitation.

With that said, I do believe the pendulum is generally safe, at least safer than Ouija. We've all heard the horror accounts of some Ouija sessions but I've not heard any from a pendulum.

But I'd always side with caution, espeically with something nobody really understands.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I will keep that in mind, thank you.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by summerdreary
Does anyone else use a pendulum for everyday things/talking to spirits?

Ive seen people use a metal rod, kind of L shaped where you hold the small part of the L and it will point in different directions.. here its called *slagruta* traditionally its a Y shaped piece of wood.. but these L shaped thin metal rods in bronse or copper worked as well..

I know people found water with it, and I also know someone who tried successfully to look for gold, tried afterwards with a goldspear (a spearlike metal detector, not sure if this is the correct english name).. 9 of 10 times it beeped for gold.. the 10th spot was rock and could not be checked.

It could be used to find anything you want i think.. I dont have one and havnt tried it.. but im sure it can be useful.

new topics

top topics

join