It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the MINIMUM 2010 census questions to answer?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I've seen a bunch of threads about the 2010 census, but nothing that seems to spell-out the meat of the issue definitively ...

• Is the list of questions already published?
  • Is there more than one version (short and long)?
  • Can I download a version to prepare answers in advance, or must I use their forms?
  • If so, can I pick short or long version to complete?
  • What are the absolute minimum questions that I must legally provide answers for?

Specific links to legal readings on this would be helpful.
Sorry, if this is yet another census thread, but I didn't find anything that really spelled this all out well.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
There are many grass root efforts to avoid the census.

The area I frequent when in the States, is just one of those places.

The sheriff is backing the peoples resistance. The sheriff has stated to the recent ACORN census takers, and will state again when it's time, that should a census taker cross a "private property, no trespassing" sign, then he'll arrest them.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

The proposed, note proposed, questions are published.

As far as the minimum, i believe there is a $5000 fine for not finishing it completely.

I donthave the link currently. I'll get it soon.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
2010.census.gov...

2nd line

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
With whom they are doing the census, and how it was taken control of by the White House, there is only one answer to give no matter what the questions.
It requires the use of only one finger. Either hand or both.

That is all I have to say about that...............

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
According to the Constitution, all that is required is a headcount. I will not give any more info than that. Period. I am looking forward to lawsuits to end the madness of government intrusion into our private lives.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It is interesting that you brought this up actually. Because the only part that is mandated to answer in the constitution is how many people are in your house.

So this really comes to the debate of whether the laws that they passed to that expound upon the census question are constitutional or not. Personally I feel that the only question your are mandated to answer is how many people that are in your living in your house. That of course is my opinion only.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I really frown at this fear mongering over the census. For all the talk of the CIA having secret information of every individual, having infiltrated entire countries and tracking everybodies movement for some odd reason they need to clarify your existence in the form of a census. Whoa.

You dont have to answer the census but all the panic and fearmongering, its just more excuse to to spark up conspiracies. Funny enough Iv never seen this much argument over the census prior to 2009.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
You dont have to answer the census but all the panic and fearmongering, its just more excuse to to spark up conspiracies. Funny enough Iv never seen this much argument over the census prior to 2009.

Actually, I'm just more of a privacy-nut I guess. Not a believer in the Census-related conspiracies, just trying to keep my personal information as private as I can.

For example, I personally don't see any legal reason for the government to know in an official capacity my religion? what race I consider myself?

If a cop came up to me on the street and demanded to know what religion I was - the ACLU would be all over his ass! But, if the government demands that on a census form, it's Ok? That doesn't make any sense.

If they need demographics, there are other ways to get that information voluntarily without the need to threaten people with a violation of "law" for not filling-out some stupid form. Granted, it would not have same statistical sample size getting it from another source, but all you really need for government is generally rough percentages to understand your constituent base.

They could break the form down into two sections. One with the minimum mandatory information (how many people in the household, it's address, whatever), and another section (or set of related sections) with all the additional data-points the government would like to know for people who care to participate. that way, people can chose what they are comfortable answering or not. Even if less than 50% of the respondents complete the optional section(s), it would probably still be one of the biggest statistical samples of the country. That should be good enough for anything the government needs?

[sorry for all the typo's, fixed with some clarification]

[edit on 2009-8-16 by EnhancedInterrogator]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

Here is a link to a pdf that has the 2010 Census questions on it.

2010 Census

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by desertdreamer

Here is a link to a pdf that has the 2010 Census questions on it.

2010 Census

Thanks! Is that the approved version? All I have seen up until now were "proposed" questions? PS: I consider asking about "race" about as bad as asking about religion.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Arrrgggg! Why the f__ do they need a telephone number?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
You are only required to give the number of people living in your house, and possibly their ages (not sure about that one). The fines are:

• $100 for not answering all questions (I think the last time they imposed that penalty on anyone was in 1960)
  • $500 for willfully answering a question wrong, or in a misleading way

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

As far as I know that is what will go out....but you never know. It does not matter anyway, you need only give the number of persons in your house and possibly their ages (I have seen two different accounts of this, so I am not sure), and no more!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

They don't....don't answer it.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Does anyone know if the American Community Survey and the 2010 Census are the same thing? Both have this disclaimer on their sites:

The American Community Survey is conducted under the authority of Title 13, United States Code, Sections 141 and 193, and response is mandatory. According to Section 221, persons who do not respond shall be fined not more than $100. Title 18 U.S.C. Section 3571 and Section 3559, in effect amends Title 13 U.S.C. Section 221 by changing the fine for anyone over 18 years old who refuses or willfully neglects to complete the questionnaire or answer questions posed by census takers from a fine of not more than $100 to not more than $5,000. The U.S. Census Bureau may use this information only for statistical purposes. We can assure you that your confidentiality is protected. Title 13 requires the Census Bureau to keep all information about you and all other respondents strictly confidential. Any Census Bureau employee who violates these provisions is subject to a fine of up to $250,000 or a prison sentence of up to five years, or both.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010.census.gov...

Title 13

Sec. 221. Refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers

(a) Whoever, being over eighteen years of age refuses or willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary, or by any other authorized officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof acting under the instructions of the Secretary or authorized officer, to answer, to the best of his knowledge, any of the questions on any schedule submitted to him in connection with any census or survey provided for by subchapters I, II, IV, and V of chapter 5 of this title, applying to himself or to the family to which he belongs or is related, or to the farm or farms of which he or his family is the occupant, shall be fined not more than $100.

(b) Whoever, when answering questions described in subsection (a) of this section, and under the conditions or circumstances described in such subsection, willfully gives any answer that is false, shall be fined not more than $500. (c) Notwithstanding any other provision of this title, no person shall be compelled to disclose information relative to his religious beliefs or to membership in a religious body.

I found this on the 2010 Census page:

The 2010 form: Shorter, easier to fill out

Now less is more. Because of changes to the process and the introduction of the American Community Survey, the 2010 Census form is shorter, making it even easier to fill in and send back. Explore the form and the questions we ask.

So the way I understand this is that the 2010 census only has 10 questions,but the American Community Survey will be putting out the extremely intrusive long survey????

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
What I got in the mail today drove me to finally join ats. OMG I got the census survey. It wants everyone's full names etc etc . I havent had a chance to read all the little pamphlets that came with the survey but of course it says by law we have to answer that , is that really true? I can't believe it! I am flippin out! What an invasion of privacy! What can I do! I like to keep a low profile!

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I got the "American Community Survey." Do I HAVE TO MAIL THIS BACK! it is really intrusive!

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

It is a complete invasion of a persons privacy!

For those who don't know what i am chatting about i shall give examples of questions asked:

1) Who usually lives at this address?
A)(Starting with yourself, list the names of people who live here)
B)(Apart from everyone included above, who else stays here overnight on said date?)
C)(How many members of this household are related to eachother?)

2) What type of accommodation is it?
(This goes on to ask is it self contained? how many rooms? Whether you have central heating? owned or rented? How maby cars you own? etc etc)

3) What is your name?
4) Your sex?
5) Date of birth?
6) Married or Single?
7) Are you a student? If so, do you always live here?
8) If you weren't born here, when did you arrive?
9) How long do you intend to stay here?
10) What passports do you hold?
11) Do you stay at another address at any time of the year?
12) What is that address?
13) What is your ethnic group? Language? Religion?
14) One year ago what was your address?
15) How is your health?
16) Qualifications?
17) What were you doing last week?
18) Looking for work?
19) If a job were available last week, could you have started it?
20) Have you ever worked?
21) What is your main job? What do you do?
22) Job Title?
23) Name of organisation? etc....
24) Address of workplace?
25) How do you usually travel to work?
26) In your main job, how many hours a week do you usually work?

Now while i see what they are trying to do, it is a big invasion of privacy.... as you can see from the questions asked. Now maybe they are trying to establish who is here illegally and what not but do they really believe that illegal immigrants are going to fill these forms out? The average Biritish person will know that they have nothing to hide but i'm assuming most will not fill out this form and return it or those who do can't see through the clouds!!

THIS IS FROM MY OWN THREAD I STARTED LAST YEAR BUT I ONLY GOT 1 RESPONSE SO YOU'RE DOING BETTER THAN ME...

[edit on 28-1-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

la2

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
look....... the census has been around here(UK) for centuries, it helps create statistics, ways of working things out, and is invaluble for geography, sociology and history. It helps in population counting, and can even be used to help create and research family tree's.

you call it an ivasion of privacy, but all the information it asks for you already submit to the government and corperations through other methods, hink about it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join