It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second recent posts Button

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I am pretty sure it should have been discussed or requested before :

Second recent posts Button

However i never bumped onto any such discussion about a second recent posts button.

What for?

Well it seems to be the butthon (link) i personaly use the most when in ATS.
As such i guess there are plenty of people sharing this same behaviour/action.

Why posting such a request in a thred then?

Well the answer to that is that most oftenly i am at the bottom of a long thread page and i decide to skip back to my default start location which is the recent posts page.

Unfortunatelly every such time i am about to press the recent posts button i am due for a long scroll up to the top of the page. That tends to be a bit of an inconvinience many a times due to the frequency of use...

Even when i want to refresh the recent posts page while at the bottom of the page i tend to use, due to habit, that same button instead that of the browser... being submerged in ATS.

Concluding, the reasons of this thread are obvious.

Having a recent posts button down at the bottom of every ATS page.
Hearing from fellow members what their views are.
Hearing from ATS owners/mods/management what their views are.

I hope i am not repeating a matter thoroughly discussed and decided for.

Love peace and harmony to all!

George TG

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

You could do what I do G, I have the "recent posts" page bookmarked at the top of my browsers (both safari and firefox), so just a simple click returns me to the "rp" page.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

When I am feeling lazy and do not want to scroll up, I just hit the back button on my browser until I get to the recent posts page. I also often right click the thread I want to read from the recent posts page, and open the thread in a new window. This works especially well when I see more than one post I want to read. As refreshing the recent post page sometimes makes it hard to find a thread that had caught my interest when I go back to look for it.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I keep recent post open in one tab and open a link or a couple of links I want to read so when i'm done reading/posting in said threads i just use hot keys to close them in order and it goes back to the recent post page.

top topics

join