It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

am loading at document center got to 84% and then it said :

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
HI, its me again, I have been trying everything I know to get the video interviews I did for ats off my comp as some of you may well know.

I was attempting to upload them to a private Document manager and waited about 2 hours and loaded the documents to 84% and then got this message:

Upload started upload failed :Java.net.socketexception software caused connection abort socket write error.

Does anyone understand? Is there some simple way to use a winzip or something for free to compress the file sizes? I just dont understand at all and am heart broken to be so alone on this issue.

I really am I have spent a ton of money, and paid comp guy to help, done all I know and it sits here, I really am just crying about it, what more can I do?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Compressing the file may not be the answer, if it's a video then the most probable is that the compression will not make much difference, video is already compressed (usually).

It could be some problem with the time it takes to upload and something in your computer or in the Internet service provider that breaks the connection before the upload is complete.

If you can explain a little better what you are trying to do and what is happening it will be easier to look for a solution.

And don't worry, I still have three weeks left from my holidays, I think we can solve this before September.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Ah, thank you armap, I am very thankful for your assistance. I will u2u you as it is a private document upload area you may be familiar with.

Also one other question I have is that I discovered that when uploading from my MP4, the time of the interview does not really matter, it is the file size, but I do not understand that. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Also when I upload to my comp from my Sony HD camera, it gives a couple of different types of files when complete, it gives the MAHoo- THM and MOFF, I ahve always tried to upload the Mahoo as it is the only one I can open from my comp.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Ok, there are several possibilities:

1) do you have antivirus on your computer?
(update and run a full scan)

2) Do you have anti-spy.malware programs on your computer?
(update and run full scans)

3) Defragment you hard-drive

4) Check for the latest update to java (google for it).
(download, install it and then reboot)

5) Now try uploading your video.

top topics

join