It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A French Revelation, or The Burning Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

A French Revelation, or The Burning Bush

www.secularhumanism.org

ncredibly, President George W. Bush told French President Jacques Chirac in early 2003 that Iraq must be invaded to thwart Gog and Magog, the Bible’s satanic agents of the Apocalypse.

Honest. This isn’t a joke. The president of the United States, in a top-secret phone call to a major European ally, asked for French troops to join American soldiers in attacking Iraq as a mission from God.

Now out of office, Chirac recounts that the American leader appealed to their “common faith” (Christianity) and told him: “Gog and Magog are at work in the Middle East…. The biblical propheci
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.motherjones.com

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This is a very credible source.

If this is true in the sense that President Bush had actually acted out upon this belief does that not fly in the face of the very values laid down during the Enlightenment,which inspired the idea of a "free American Republic", as well as American Revolution.

I ponder how many people think that basing a decision such as war upon the idea of a a far right interpretation of the Bible is a wise thing to do?

If their are a lot of people that do this then God help us all as this type of wild eyed fanaticism historically leads to persecution of the masses by the Church and the State. The very thing the Founding Fathers fled.

I hope that this article is not true as this would dim my view of the American Psyche.

www.secularhumanism.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Ummm, if you had looked like only a few threads down you would see the exact same thread already started.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This topic is already being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join