It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So many Questions, So many perspectives.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I know a few previous threads were created explaining and 'paradigming' if you will, the Vastness and 'Friggin' if you will, hugeness of the universe, known universe that is, and how exponentially, incredibly, gorgationaiusly (new word) huge the universe actually is?

Which raises a million and one questions for me personally, just watching this video, raises many insights and questions.

Looking at the earth from such a distance, you wouldn't really guess a black man is upset that a taxi drove past him, leaving the black man feeling like he had been discriminated.

You wouldn't guess that a man came home after working a twelve hour shift to find his wife cheating on him, as he goes to his gun drawer and shoots them both.

You wouldn't guess that a woman was donating a dollar to her local church because it's all see had, as the earths economy wasn't good as of now.

You wouldn't guess a kid was playing tether ball at his school while one of his teachers had been molesting him everyday since he started school.

You wouldn't guess a 13 year old girl was crying in her bedroom screaming to god why he made her gay, feeling like something was wrong with her, and having terrible thoughts about herself as an individual, and why her family loathed her.

You wouldn't guess a man in arizona is having his fingers cut off slowly one at a time because the cartel got the wrong house unknowingly and wanted their money, as he dies a slow and painful death imaginable by only those who have died.

You wouldn't guess that parts were worshipping the trees and the sun, and dancing around romantically for hopes that this will cause rain to come, or stop a volcanoe from erupting.

The video will hit me more or less to say.

Even the questions it raises, in perspective, we don't even really have a firm grasp of were we are in the universe, it's especially harder since we're not even that stationary i'd suppose!

How would an ET even find this lonely blue planet when it would appear hopeless trying to find our own star?

I've never seen ats members as desperate for hope that we get to meet our neighbors, although the trek would be a mighty one, and well may not even be one worth trekking.

I've been told that the wonder of God is much greater then anything science has brought forth, although not a arguement for or against, I look at this, and see it as much more special then anything that religion has brought forth, by having pure imaginative thoughts provoked in your head, looking around just wondering what life is out their, carbon based, heck whatever based?!

I even found myself thinking, if there was a god, he'd of had a pretty hard time of finding us!

Really makes you feel quite miniscule. Watching things like this, only enhances me to believe that aliens haven't contacted or reached earth, just seeing how small we are in this cosmic existance.

We struck gold though and got life.

Only wonder if a planet out there found a nother planet nearby that had life and cooperated together. Pretty neat huh, what if mars had life, and we weren't finding out till now, intelligent life too!

I'll post the video now, and you can draw your responses.

Just seeing it though, puts you in your place instantly.

From religion to UFO's to NWO, we are all alone, on a tiny itty bitty pathetic planet doing what we do best, fighting for survival in a game were we're against all odds.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

While I agree how miniscule we are in the big scheme of things I do argue that will are still a part of it all. Not that that amounts for much, another drop on an endless sea, special as everthing else which makes "special" mundane.
I assume you are talking about the Pale Blue Dot thing?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

While I agree how miniscule we are in the big scheme of things I do argue that will are still a part of it all. Not that that amounts for much, another drop on an endless sea, special as everthing else which makes "special" mundane.
I assume you are talking about the Pale Blue Dot thing?

Pale blue dot, no not really, trying to stay out of religion.

Trying to find some more videos expressing it.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Can't watch videos so I didn't know. But I have heard the Carl Sagan "Pale Blue Dot" argument which this sound very simular to....... But it doesn't really prove what he hoped to, that is, there is no chance of a deity existing because we aren't special err whatever.

join