It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did this woman, become a saint? Ridiculous.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

No she did not hit the nail on the head. She took one statement from the womans whole life. Have you ever not had a moment where you felt disconnected from whatever you believe in?

Everytime I read your posts you are trying to twist the Bible around to either say it supports homosexuality or trying to deny religion all together because you feel like every religious person is against gay marriage.

Now this is just more twisting of the entire picture to try to support the gay agenda.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Oh cmon! Do you have kids or not, because you seem to have no knowledge on how they function?

FYI, yes I had kids.

You have to teach a kid to not touch something hot or they will burn themselves.

The odd thing is that every time you teach them not to do something, they do it anyway. This points to their rebellion against your authority against their knowledge and conscience.

I ask you if he was born moral and if he did see it on a cartoon, wouldnt his morality tell him that it was wrong to behave like that?

And yet some (yes SOME) kids who copied the behaviors on cartoons or movies, usually feel guilty. Why the feel of guilt?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

No she did not hit the nail on the head. She took one statement from the womans whole life. Have you ever not had a moment where you felt disconnected from whatever you believe in?

Oh yes. I have been a Christian for 25 years. The disconnection I felt was from the religion I believe in. It wasn't from God.

For example: the preachers kept on telling that most people will go to hell. My heart and mind tells me that that isn't true. Because? God is love. That's the disconnection I felt.

I wanted to know the REAL God.

Everytime I read your posts you are trying to twist the Bible around to either say it supports homosexuality or trying to deny religion all together because you feel like every religious person is against gay marriage. Now this is just more twisting of the entire picture to try to support the gay agenda.

How did homosexuality come up in this thread? Yes, I have posted in threads about homosexuality but how is this revelant in this thread? I never said one word about homosexuality in this thread.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

lol, I almost quoted the 2 masters verse myself. It's exactly what I was thinking as I responded.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Rebellion is a natural human condition. We are born that way. Maybe your kids were some how born super moral, but most of us are not.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

lol, I almost quoted the 2 masters verse myself. It's exactly what I was thinking as I responded.

Since I ever saw your first post in the past, I knew we think alike. We just differ in some instances. Great minds think alike.

Basically, I think that is what happened with Mother Teresa. She came to realization one day and said, "Hey! I have been serving the Catholic Church my whole life. Have I been serving God? Do I truly know the real God?"

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Sorry, she admitted she did not know the father. Plain and simple. She says it all right there, and as I pointed out - it shows that she was not those things. And if someone that regarded in the church does not know the father, then what does that say of the church? She downright questioned the very existence of god. That is a far cry from wondering why the father is letting you go through a painful time.

It's not like it's impossible to know the father. The bible even tells you many times that such a relationship is the point. People are replacing that with scripture and religion and in doing so, they shut out people from entering and having that relationship. As Jesus would say, the pharisees sit in the seat of moses. They killed Jesus to maintain that status, and they maintain that status. And I'm sorry that you are unable to see it.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Rebellion is a natural human condition.

Yes? You said one thing that is correct.

What if your parents told you that it was morally wrong to hang out with black kids?

What would your natural inclination tell you? Would you rebel against your parents? Of course it's a natural human condition.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

You offer no views, you attack/or crticize a members opinion, while offering no other opinion.

So you think, others disagree and I obviously do as well. Easier to think I am trying to be malicious though so I don't blame you. And don't you see just a little how skewed that last part is? It's all MY OPINION. I know my questioning your motivations is part of what is getting to you but I am not the only one who sees how your actions bespeak your motives. Hell, you even out and out told me from the onset. Remember telling me your wish is to be another Dawkins?

Like saying you believe in religion, I don't but those who belive in nothing is a religion well I don't do that either. Well what do you believe in, I believe in nothing, so you don't believe in anything, no not at all.

I never said I believe in religion. Quite actually I avoid speaking about my personal beliefs as much as possible usually as they are just that MY BELIEFS, not beyond a shadow of a doubt facts. And sorry, but when you believe that something does not exist that is a belief no matter how you package it as you have actually thought *or done something simular* about it. Much less in joining up into study groups for this so called belief in nothing and fighting tooth and nail in attempt to prove this so called belief in nothing is justified.

I've looked through dozens, and dozens of websites relating her to her, but I cannot find an ultimate proof she was.

I have to leave it 'up in the air' for that matter.

That's fine. Which leaves the story *for me* largely in question. For the other reasons I spoke of earlier as well.

Although I find the morality behind Saint Mother Teresa despicable nonetheless.

Given your agenda and beliefs I honestly expect nothing less.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

By inflating what is essentially a publisized melodramatic moment of questioning one's beliefs. Great call there. Not to mention a resoundingly low blow.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I know my questioning your motivations is part of what is getting to you but I am not the only one who sees how your actions bespeak your motives.

What are the motives you despise so much as others do to, what motives do you speak of?

Given your agenda and beliefs I honestly expect nothing less.

My agenda? I'm not a NWO agent, I'm not the Anti-Christ, Agenda is a bit harsh word, don't you agree?

Remember telling me your wish is to be another Dawkins?

Quite well, and I reflect and think to myself maybe a better Dawkins.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
By inflating what is essentially a publisized melodramatic moment of questioning one's beliefs. Great call there. Not to mention a resoundingly low blow.

Well now, we can sit around and pick roses all day long, but if we ignore the thorns they will tear our hands open.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

What are the motives you despise so much as others do to, what motives do you speak of?

*face palm* So tired........ Since when did I say despise?

My agenda? I'm not a NWO agent, I'm not the Anti-Christ, Agenda is a bit harsh word, don't you agree?

No, actually I don't. We all have agendas, things we would like to accomplish and are working towards. Rather like "Be another of or better than Dawkins.". Or what you believe my agenda is which is "Attack you." *I assure you you are dead wrong, again.*.

Main Entry: agen·da
Pronunciation: \ə-ˈjen-də\
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin, neuter plural of agendum, gerundive of agere
Date: 1871
1 : a list or outline of things to be considered or done
2 : an underlying often ideological plan or program

— agen·da·less \-də-ləs\ adjective

www.merriam-webster.com...

Quite well, and I reflect and think to myself maybe a better Dawkins.

We spoke about that before. You'll start howling I am attacking you if I repeat it. But I will say a cover band will never be considered as good as the original band.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Considering that has absolutely nothing to do with my statement? She had a crisis of faith and it got published so friggin what. But in the mean time you feel it gives you a perfect excuse to demean her. To which I naturally wonder, "Who the heck do you think you are?".

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Or what you believe my agenda is which is "Attack you." *I assure you you are dead wrong, again.*.

Why do you feel the need to remark on my agenda in my threads and posts repeatedly then? If I post is that not my post, not a 'whistleblower' saying hey he has an agenda stand far back.

That just ruins everything i've spent time on.

The next part is when you get into semantics, now Agenda means one thing, but on ats or different places tid bits of jargon take effect. Like retarded in hip hop can mean cool, and hip.

Different words mean different ways, the Bush Agenda, would seem to be a 'deadly' or 'dangerous' agenda!

As so is saying "republican08' agendas! Maybe not in that wording but nonetheless.

We spoke about that before. You'll start howling I am attacking you if I repeat it. But I will say a cover band will never be considered as good as the original band.

I'll start howling, lol good attack.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
This is what I get for trying the browser again.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
These are not real saints. They are marketing gimmicks created by a marketing organization that wish to perpetuate its money making and control scam. There has never been anything genuinely spiritual about the Vatican.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
Considering that has absolutely nothing to do with my statement? She had a crisis of faith and it got published so friggin what. But in the mean time you feel it gives you a perfect excuse to demean her. To which I naturally wonder, "Who the heck do you think you are?".

Proverbs 9

17I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

18Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.

19My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.

20I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:

21That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.

Sorry, she questioned the very existence of god. That is not just a crisis of faith, it downright proves she did not know the father.

I see when someone is trying to pull the wool over my eyes - even if it is just a minor crack in the mirror that shows it. Watch the left hand and focus on the left hand, while the right hand works in the night. I know the game, and I can see when it's being played.

I am someone who knows the father. I am someone who understands. While I may not always understand why I am faced with somethings while they are happening, there is no doubt on the existence of the father to those who know him.

Faith is all she had, and if she had known the father he would have filled her treasures.

As I have mentioned time and time before, it just goes to show that the father is being shut out to people, and there is a reason for that. Ignore it if you want to, but I can not.

[edit on 8/7/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Sorry, she questioned the very existence of god. That is not just a crisis of faith, it downright proves she did not know the father.

From where I stand, she questioned her faith, especially the Catholic Church.

Hence my statement about religion being created to control the masses and to distract people from God.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Why do you feel the need to remark on my agenda in my threads and posts repeatedly then? If I post is that not my post, not a 'whistleblower' saying hey he has an agenda stand far back.

That just ruins everything i've spent time on.

Well, that means little really, if I ruin whatever. As I think I told you before I am always fascinated with why people say the things they do *motivation* even why I say what I do. And if a pattern emerges I will comment on it, especially when that pattern is confirmed with comments made before.

The next part is when you get into semantics, now Agenda means one thing, but on ats or different places tid bits of jargon take effect. Like retarded in hip hop can mean cool, and hip.

Different words mean different ways, the Bush Agenda, would seem to be a 'deadly' or 'dangerous' agenda!

As so is saying "republican08' agendas! Maybe not in that wording but nonetheless.

No, agenda means the same thing here as it does in the dictionary. Just generally ATS is talking about the less than good or honorable agendas. It does not mean the word agenda it's self is bad. And now I know I am old, never heard of retarded being considered meaning kewl in slang.
And I say you have an agenda just as I say we all do but there are all different kinds.

I'll start howling, lol good attack.

Not the howling I was expecting but neither did I repeat the conversation?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join