It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldman Sachs Wives Hate To Wait....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

GOLDMAN Sachs boss Lloyd Blankfein has warned his employees to avoid high-profile spending, as The Post reported -- but his wife evidently didn't get the memo.

Laura Blankfein and her friend Susan Friedman, wife of another Goldman honcho, Richard Friedman, caused a huge scene at Super Saturday in the Hamptons last weekend when they arrived at the event before the noon start time and balked at waiting in line with the other ticket-holders.

"Their behavior was obnoxious. They were screaming," said one witness. Blankfein said she wouldn't wait with "people who spend less money than me."

Another observer said the women were so impatient, it was as if they were waiting on line for a kidney transplant instead of a charitable designer clothing sale.

Friedman shouted at the event organizer, "You have lost so much money because of this . . . Why should we be treated like the $650 donors?"

Sources said Blankfein and Friedman had bought tables with blocks of tickets going for $833 apiece, as did many of the women who were waiting patiently in line, happy to raise $3.4 million for the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund.

In the end, the hot-headed duo got in at 12:03 p.m., three minutes after those who arrived before them.

No word on how much of their husbands' money they spent. But Lloyd Blankfein -- wary of bad publicity over the big bonuses he and his colleagues expect to collect at year's end -- has called for an end to conspicuous consumption.

A Goldman Sachs executive was quoted in yesterday's front-page Post story, "[Blankfein] wants to make sure we're not being seen living high on the hog." A Goldman Sachs rep did not respond to requests for comment left at the offices of both Lloyd Blankfein and Richard Friedman. [url www.nypost.com...]

Well, what else is there to say. 99% of the population has been humbled by this whole economic mess because they have had to sacrifice and these women have had to sacrifice nothing. Women like this need a real attitude adjustment which would of been remedied had some of these banks been allowed to fail hence time to cut back and "hang with us piss ants" This story is just another example of issues with out society and priorities. These women just dont get it...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
And they never will.

Snobs are snobs for a reason. If people like that didn't have more than other people and didn't have the luxury of looking down their noses at the masses beneath them, their lives would be worthless. And I mean just that.

I've known a few in my day, and the only insight I can offer is that these people are so hateful, they're secretly miserable. The only happiness they have is lording their luxury over others.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
They should be in the soup line. Someone should remind her shes on welfare...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Better yet the peasants need to revolt and her mansion needs to be stormed like the Bastille. These people like this piss me off and they are no better than our so called rulers that thumb their noses at us. One day justice will be served and all the bankers and corrupt officials will be dragged to the guillotine for the amusement of the unclean masses they so despise. Until that fateful day We must try to educate the idiotic Liberals and Republicans that don't realize whom the true enemies are.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
"Bastille Day"

There's no bread, let them eat cake
There's no end to what they'll take
Flaunt the fruits of noble birth
Wash the salt into the earth

But they're marching to Bastille Day
La guillotine will claim her bloody prize
Free the dungeons of the innocent
The king will kneel and let his kingdom rise

Bloodstained velvet, dirty lace
Naked fear on every face
See them bow their heads to die
As we would bow as they rode by

And we're marching to Bastille Day
La guillotine will claim her bloody prize
Sing, oh choirs of cacophony
The king has kneeled, to let his kingdom rise

Lessons taught but never learned
All around us anger burns
Guide the future by the past
Long ago the mould was cast

For they marched up to Bastille Day
La guillotine claimed her bloody prize
Hear the echoes of the centuries
Power isn't all that money buys

from Caress of Steel by Rush

Just seemed appropriate for some reason....

top topics

join