It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious Package Found: Hazmat Crews Evacuate Wilson Hall at UVa; Woman Taken to Hospital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Update:

The news is now saying it was an allergic reaction to the glue in the box. They were taking it really seriously with the quarantines and all.

Nothing to see here.

Suspicious Package Found: Hazmat Crews Evacuate Wilson Hall at UVa; Woman Taken to Hospital

www.charlottesvillenewsplex.tv

A suspicious package was found at Wilson Hall late Thursday morning, prompting officials to evacuate the building and sending one women to the hospital.

Wilson Hall is located at the corner of JPA and Ruppel Drive in Charlottesville.

Hazmat officials say the woman who found and came in contact with the package was transported to the hospital with irritations on her hands.

Officials say 18 people, either students and/or faculty and staff, were in the building and had to be evacuated. The individuals were questioned by Hazmat staff and quarantined on a bus at 12:20pm. They will remain
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Num1Skeptic]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This Just went down a couple of blocks from my appartment I recently graduated UVa and am actually packing up my appartment right now. My friends that work at the hospital have not gotten back to me on more specifics. Thought I would post it up because it is just breaking and I have no idea what is going on but there are hazmat and cops everywhere and atleast one helicopter I spotted.

www.charlottesvillenewsplex.tv
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit: Posted a bit late because I was outside investigating my phone was dead so sorry no photos at this time.
Edit2: A little background information about UVa, it is one of the highest ranking public universities in the country and has students from all around the world. It also recieves the largest federal endowment of any University in the country totalling 3.9bn dollars a year. The school was started by Thomas Jefferson and has a long history.

join