It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Announces Creation Of Children's Working Group

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

FEMA Announces Creation Of Children's Working Group

www.fema.gov

The working group will allow FEMA and its partners to explore and implement planning and response strategies specific to children throughout the agency and ensure that during a disaster the unique needs of children are not only considered, but fully integrated into how FEMA administers this support to states and the public.

"It is time for special needs populations, whether children or any other segment of our communities who have traditionally been underserved, to be more fully and consistently integrated into preparedness and planning efforts at every level of government," Administer Fu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Quite possibly, this isn't a bad program at all. After all, underserved American citizens pose the toughest challenges during times of emergency. At least they can now count on FEMA to take care of them. After all, we saw how effective they were during Hurricane Katrina.

Areas of focus of the Children's Working Group will include:

•Child-specific guidance as to evacuation, sheltering, and relocation;
•Tracking and reunification of families;
•Coordinated case management supports;
•Enhanced preparedness for child care centers and schools as well as for children in child welfare and juvenile justice systems;
•Enhanced national planning, including incorporation of children into national planning scenarios and exercises;
•Incorporation of children's needs into grant guidance;
•Improved recovery coordination across the federal family and with state and local partners in support of children's education, health and housing;
•Consideration as to how the federal family can help ensure child care centers are able rebuild and restore services more quickly following a disaster, and;
•Increased public awareness efforts to educate families and protect children during disasters.

www.fema.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Sounds good, but considering it's from FEMA, don't know what to think of it ...

I DO know that "the children" is the alibi of tyrants now, since "God" doesn't work anymore.

on second thought it sounds awful.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
And once they completely remove the parent's rights to raise their own children, they'll need some sort of plan on how to take care of them and bring them up the RIGHT way.

federal family
Hmm...don't know that I've heard THAT before...the feds are just one big happy family, huh? That's how I should run mine. Tax my kids or force them to work to pay off my kindness to them, go to war with my wife...oh, I guess I already do that.
The cat is my ally though. When it's not messin' on the floor.

Seriously, it's good to see how much they care about our children. It makes me forget all of those mean things I was thinking.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

I don't get why they used this here....

Consideration as to how the federal family can help

I wonder how many times it says that in the full document? "federal family" that is. These guys are getting really good at putting catch words and phrases in stuff. I am truly impressed!

new topics

top topics

join