It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov't counting on public shame to help loan effort

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Gov't counting on public shame to help loan effort

news.yahoo.com

WASHIGNTON – The Obama administration wants to shame the mortgage industry into doing a better job of helping borrowers avoid losing their homes to foreclosure.
By publishing the names of companies that are lagging behind in the government's plan to ease the housing crisis, officials are counting on public outrage to get the industry on track.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
So is this what our new government who promised us "change" is giving us?

I would've thought that if you wanted to provide change for people you would stop the bullying tactics we saw during the Bush Admin courtesy of Dick Cheney.

Isn't this a little like Good Cop/Bad Cop? Never thought I would say this, but I almost feel a little bad for the Mortgage companies. They have an ultimatum where they can either play along with Obama's rules or have what good names they have left be scorned in public effigy because the masses think that they aren't trying to help them.

Seems to me that the NWO doesn't know political lines.

Republicrat/Democran one-party system in their eyes....

-Sliadon

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliadon

Seems that the NWO is going to get the public outrage they want so that they can sic the military on its own people because they are giving them lip.

You thought Iran protests were bad? Wait til you send one of the most aggressive military bodies in the world on its people...

-Sliadon

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This is essentially part of what got us into this mess to begin with. The Dems via Barney Frank and Co. cajoled the the big lenders, Fannie and Freddie to soften lending policies to minorities and low income families. The threat was loosen the requirements are be outed in the media as being a bigoted tightwad lending institution.

Well that chicken has come home to roost, but yet it seems they are at it again...maybe our financial institutions did not fall hard enough or far enough for the liberal liking...

Bad lending practices got us where we are at...when will politicians learn?

When you start tinkering with something you do not understand...often the laws of unintended consequence kick in...then again, maybe our demise is intended.

join