It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why change really does come from within

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Chew on this:

If people believe "the world sucks", they will make it so.

They will not go out, because of fear that everyone is out to get them.

Then, some random, kind soul says "hi" to them cheerfully. Thinking their life is threatened, they shoot the person.

After that, nobody says hi to anyone anymore.

If people believe, "the world is beautiful", they will make it so.

They will go out, because of belief that everyone is full of love.

Then, some random, mean soul curses them. Instead of getting offended, they simply let the insult slide, and figure it's just an anomaly and they probably had an unfortunate day.

They say, "What is wrong?" And the mean soul says, "Nothing much, just feeling down today. Thank you for caring."

After that, the two become best friends.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
It's so true. Every where I look I see negativity, depression, anxiety, confusion, and even despair. It's almost like something brought about this mind set...right? It was us, them, it, and that... Everything or Nothing, All or None.

Now it doesn't matter to me, I absorb that negative energy I see and use it for good. It is just energy after all and if I want to make that negative energy positive all I need to do it think it so.

What do we see in the bleak night sky? Light! It doesn't come from nothing, but exists because darkness is boring!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Thank you for being logical. And not reactive. Ha. It's funny I live outside of Pgh, and all I could hear all night long was about those friggin shootings.

Yeah, I feel for their families too. BUT, I don't sit around and go "Holy crap everyone is crazy there is so much wrong with the world blah blah blah"

I just wanted to be like come on people why are you so FOCUSED on this and the fact that 'nowhere really is safe'??

We better just not go outside anymore huh? Lol.

Needless to say and sorry for the rant, Thank you for the refresher. I continue to have faith that not that much is wrong with everything.

Just a matter of Perception.

join