It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. man who prayed while daughter died convicted of homicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

U.S. man who prayed while daughter died convicted of homicide

www.cbc.ca

A Wisconsin man who prayed instead of seeking medical care while his 11-year-old daughter died was found guilty Saturday of second-degree reckless homicide.............

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.usatoday.com

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Connector]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
How does this happen in this day and age in western culture no less? How can people be so brainwashed to pray to a big boogeyman in the sky and expect a miracle? The basis of most religions...blind faith, she's a dangerous beast. I pray everyday to have all amputees grow back their limbs, but it just hasn't happened yet.....

Why won't God heal amputees

My favorite part of the article......

Neumann, who once studied to be a Pentecostal minister, testified Thursday that he believed God would heal his daughter and he never expected her to die. God promises in the Bible to heal, he said.

"If I go to the doctor, I am putting the doctor before God," Neumann testified. "I am not believing what he said he would do."

The state is starting to get involved and intervene in this practice, via legal measures of abuse. Does this frighten those of blind faith or those that fear any state interference in their lives?

BTW...John Travolta hasn't denounced Scientology, even though their practice of no neural type medication most likely resulted in his death. Go figure......

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Connector]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

One read this, this morning, and it hit me, is faith as a whole being put on trial!

One does wonder though, are they going to relate this to every faith?

One does know there are religious groups faiths or what you want to call them, who refuse medical treatment, they see this as impuring the soul of the individual who is ill.

I can see religious groups comming out in protest over this.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Laurauk]

new topics

join