It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learn How People Overthrow Their Rulers: from MIT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
All you libertarians might be interested in looking at this. It's a new course offered by M.I.T. which looks into revolutions: how they happen etc.

The course is called "How to Start a Revolution" (no, I'm not making this up)

And did I mention that you can download all the courseware for free?? I include the link to download the courseware, so you can take the course if you're interested. It's part of MIT's OpenCourseWare initiative.

Description: 21H.001 How to Stage a Revolution

[A new] course, explores fundamental questions about the causes and nature of revolutions. How do people overthrow their rulers? How do they establish new governments? Do radical upheavals require bloodshed, violence, or even terror? How have revolutionaries attempted to establish their ideals and realize their goals? We will look at a set of major political transformations throughout the world and across centuries to understand the meaning of revolution and evaluate its impact. By the end of the course, students will be able to offer reasons why some revolutions succeed and others fail. Materials for the course include the writings of revolutionaries, declarations and constitutions, music, films, art, memoirs, and newspapers.

Course Homepage:
ocw.mit.edu...

Download Course Material:
here

Other Resources such as assignments, reading lists also accessible from this page (see menu on left of page)

Viva la Resistance!!!

[edit on 1-8-2009 by eniac]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by eniac

Is this somehow strange in the united states? People discussing the theories of revolutions? Your entire country was born from a revolution, wasnt it?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Originally posted by eniac

Is this somehow strange in the united states? People discussing the theories of revolutions? Your entire country was born from a revolution, wasnt it?

That's true and we are long overdue for another one. It's time to overthrow this evil, murderous government and replace it. I'm afraid the American people are to corrupt to do that though.

join