It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist silenced the chechen way....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Journalist silenced the chechen way....

www.timesonline.co.uk

More than two weeks after the human rights activist Nataliya Estemirova was murdered, the Russian investigators sent down to Chechnya have made no arrests and the trail is going cold. To those who live there, where dissidents and rivals to President Kadyrov frequently meet a violent death, it is no surprise.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Looks like Journalism isn't all it's cracked up to be.... this goes to show the type of risks Journalists take to gain their info..... my question is though she must of known how dangerous it would be to step into the heart of chechnya on this issue when the very people who are responsible are Security forces who are hardliners in battle and who are supposed to be protecting the people.....

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Reminds me of how disposable journalists are in Iraq...unless you're working for CNN.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Femacamper

I'm just watching this news report on chechnya and what the muslims out there are doing to the girls on the street...... kidnapping them and forcing them into marriage!! Young girls on the street...... see what these people do? It always seem to be the muslims doing this #.....

top topics

join