It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Alternative Wonders of The World

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

No worries, I just saw the first bit and thought, I have seen this before......

They are all interesting places that I have never heard of before.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This thread was an extremely nice diversion for the near havoc type of weeks I've had to contend with.

Simply wonderful, and thank you so much for giving my brain a tranquil visual rest.

Johnny

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I've been to (and swam in) the blue grotto, which was spectacular, but that's it for me. Really nice post!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

No problem, I know that feeling well lol.

reply to post by AliensExist

Wow, what was it like? Warm? I always thought it looks like a warm bath but I'm guessing it probably wasn't lol?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Here's another alternative wonder of the world...
The Chocolate Hills of the Philippines!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Thank you for the wonderful experience.

I have heard of only a few of these and consider myself a lucky person to have seen these small glimpses if not the entire experience of being there.

For all of the darkness that we share here to help protect each other, its nice to have a flash of hope in the eternal.

SandF

[edit on 1-8-2009 by felonius]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing this wonderful beauty.

It was a much needed break; I couldn't even begin to pick a favorite.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I am now so mad,in 1988 I was on the Island of Capri for two days and heard nothing of the blue grotto.I was bored because there was nothing to see.It was the first time I had ever been on foriegn soil(I first set foot in Naples,Italy then by boat to Capri.I feel I lost out.Oh well thanks for showing me what I missed.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Absolutely wonderful! Thanks for sharing this.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This:

Grand Prismatic Spring, US

Reminded me of this..

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Wow, just when I thought I had every place I ever wanted to visit finally mapped out!
Those were awesome photos, and I couldnt stop smiling. This planet of ours is always giving us such wonderful surprises.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Beautiful post. S&F!!

Especially loved the South American storms.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Ive been to some world-wonders and conclude that man-made still does not beat nature made. I highly recommend actually visiting some of these places - the beauty of the actual experience (as opposed to a 2-D picture on the internet) really puts you in a pleasant daze for days.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The rock spindle formations in Madagaschar remind me of the alledged 'forest' photo on Mars surrounding the black hole.

It's amazing that we see these oddities on other moons and planets and can't explain them when all we have to do is look in our own backyard.

Awesome photos..

[edit on 2-8-2009 by geo1066]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
If ever I become a millionaire, I now know exactly how to spend the money. Thanks for a wonderful post!

IRM

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This is an awesome thread , thank You so much for posting this . I never knew of most of those places . This has updated my "to go and see" list big time

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Thill]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Thank you so much... this really made my day. These should be the 30 places to see before you die. Such magic our world holds... that very few actually know about. IT'S A SHAME.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
An awesome thread, thank You Everlasting storm, thats amazing!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I believe I had only heard of maybe 3 of these before this thread. Thank you so much for introducing me to those amazing natural wonders. Just goes to show that the earth still has so much beauty and wonder even in this day and age.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Amazing pictures! Like everyone else who has commented, I would love to visit all of these places. It is a pleasant dream, homping that one day we will have the money and time to do this, but the sad truth is that most of us never will.

The way things are going in the world today, these sites will nearly certainly be destroyed, tainted, disrupted by increasingly erratic weather patterns etc....

What i would ask is this... Does anyone know of a website or such (Maybe here on ATS?) that we could all get our heads together and create the best plan possible for visiting these sites before its too late? You know travel advice, cheapest ways to get to these sites in particular etc.

I bet if everyone got together and worked on it we would be supprised on how little it would cost. Just a thought, if anyone has any ideas that would be great. I for one need to see some natural beauty in my life, get away from the fear and doom and gloom we all seem to be living in today. It isn't good for any of us. Like skyfloating said... actually seeing these places in the flesh and not on a computer screen must be a most amazing feeling!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join