It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmation by Two U.S. Air Force Generals of Roswell Crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Here is an article I just saw on the Mufon website.

Anthony Bragalia writes, "In an interview conducted in the 1990's, former Wright-Patterson Air Force Base Brigadier General Arthur Exon confirmed the existence of the Roswell metal reports." Exon, the Base Commander of Wright Patterson in the 1960s, related that he was privy to some of the details on the composition of the crash debris and the variety of tests that were performed on it. Astonishingly, Exon stated of the debris: "It was Titanium and some other metal they knew about, and the processing was somehow different." Of course, special "processing" of Titanium and the "other metal" that "they knew about" (Nickel) is required to create Nitinol. Exon added tellingly, "And it wouldn't surprise me if the material wasn't still around, certainly the reports are." Exon was likely referring to the Battelle Progress Reports on memory metal done for Wright Patterson in the late 1940's.

Air Force General George Schulgen (who led Intelligence at the Pentagon at the time of the Roswell incident) authored a previously-marked "secret" draft memo on the flying saucer issue on October 30, 1947- about four months after the crash. In the verified version of this memo is found a section entitled "Items of Construction." Schulgen instructs his officers to be aware of flying objects and their materials of construction. He specifically notes the "unusual fabrication methods to achieve extreme lightweight" and that the material is of a "composite construction...using various combinations of metals." Schulgen is describing precisely some of the very characteristics of Nitinol. Just like the Roswell debris material, it is an "extreme lightweight" intermetallic alloy. As a novel "composite construction," it is created by an "unusual fabrication" method that "uses a combination of metals"- perhaps like Titanium and Nickel. Thanks to Anthony Bragalia

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by starwatcher1

Well first off good find.

Second could you provide us with a link please.
third if such material exists the chances that they are normal "Alloys" or known combination's of metals lessons the probability. If anything they would be way more advanced than that. I'm thinking something along the lines of Nano Technology and created super metals atom by atom.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Here is a link to the original story.. I find this extremely telling....
www.nationalufocenter.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by starwatcher1

Seems to me like they are confirming this to be a man-made vehicle of which they had some understanding of the compostion and how it was built. This craft may have originated from Wright Patterson AFB.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

It seems like it could have been a man-made aircraft, but what explains this?

"An investigator for the Air Force stated that three so-called flying saucers had been recovered in New Mexico. They were described as being circular in shape with raised centers. Approximately 50 feet in diameter. Each one was occupied by three bodies of human shape but only 3 feet tall. Dressed in metallic cloth of a very fine texture. Each body was bandaged in a manner similar to the blackout suits used by speed flyers and test pilots."

TO: J. EDGAR HOOVER
FBI Director
Memo to J. Edgar Hoover from the Washington FBI Office
March 22, 1950
Released in 1976 under the FOIA

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Well maybe the crafts could only support so much weight and they used midgets for the pilots. That would explain why the flight suits look similar to the ones used by our military.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Nitinol TM? has been around for a long time now.A shape memory alloy of Nickel and Titanium and whatever,and has been covered at ATS in other threads. The link with Roswell is in the original Roswell story of a metal that resumed its shape after scrunching, and of later experiments to reproduce it, and even later the creation of Nitinol.
Nitinol does have deformable limitations,but was/is thought of as a useful application in, Greenhouses,(open and close windows according to temperature) bendy specs, and the big one, a possible way of near eternal motion and probably more ideas. Temperature change is the way this metal reforms itself.This wiki link gives a good explanation,
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Here is some more info on this.

Newly discovered documents reveal that in the months immediately following the purported 1947 UFO crash at Roswell, secret government studies began on a material that was previously unknown to science. The "memory metal" that was studied precisely matches some of the debris material reported by several witnesses to the crash. Evidence shows that -under military direction- these unique metal studies were undertaken by a contracted laboratory that possessed advanced technical capabilities that the U.S. government itself did not have at the time. A former high-level scientist employed by the involved laboratory has offered a confession that he was tasked to study the crashed UFO material. Information provided by two U.S. Air Force Generals also offers direct support for this discovery.

The documents suggest that after the crash, the US government attempted to develop a unique material that is today referred to as memory metal. This shape-recovery alloy was reported by several witnesses to the Roswell crash in the summer of 1947. The lightweight "morphing" material was able to be crumpled or deformed and then return itself instantly and seamlessly to its original state. The metallurgical discoveries that resulted from these studies were then "seeded" for further technology development to other government agencies (including NASA) and through a series of military contracts to universities and industry.

The laboratory contracted by Wright Patterson Air Force Base to perform these studies was Battelle Memorial Institute in Columbus, OH. It has been credibly reported that Wright Patterson Air Force Base was the very base where the Roswell UFO debris was flown after the crash

Here is a link to the full article
www.ufodigest.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Strange use of the word "bandage" since the Rip or G suit ,(not long invented then) was most definitely a suit,
www.popsci.com... The guy in the pic, circa 1946 actually looks up-to-date with todays multi pocket jeans??

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This is getting interesting.
Memory-metal files are missing

By Billy Cox

Published: Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 1:18 p.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 1:18 p.m.

With a boost from Sarasota resident Tony Bragalia, the enduring Roswell UFO controversy is about to swing the spotlight onto one of the most successful research and development entities in America — Battelle Memorial Institute in Columbus, OH.

At issue are some missing reports from Battelle’s study of a nickel/titanium alloy called Nitinol, renowed for its resilience as a “memory metal.” Contracted by the U.S. Air Force to assess and exploit its compelling properties in the late 1940s, Battelle participates in or manages six national laboratories for the U.S. Department of Energy, including Oak Ridge, Lawrence Livermore, and Brookhaven.

http://
www.heraldtribune.com/article/20090521/BLOG32/905219954?Title=Memory-metal-files-are-missing

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that more people don't see this as really good information

This, as I see it is as close to the air force admitting the Roswell was more that just a weather balloon..

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I believe this deserves on more bump as this is great information. Doesn't anyone else think this is a smoking gun?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwatcher1
I believe this deserves on more bump as this is great information.

It's interesting information. I believe it deserves further research and investigation.

Doesn't anyone else think this is a smoking gun?

The smoking gun? No. However it might be another piece of the puzzle. And that in itself is already interesting and important in my book.

Originally posted by grapesofraft
Well maybe the crafts could only support so much weight and they used midgets for the pilots. That would explain why the flight suits look similar to the ones used by our military.

Are you a troll or are you seriously putting forward that hypothesis? Excuse me but I've been away for a while so I'm not up-to-date with all the trolls and pseudoskeptics. Anyway, I will take it as it being a (tentatively) serious hypothesis.

Do you think it is conceivable that the Military (or whoever) would build craft that could only be operated by midgets?

And you say the "the flight suits look similar to the ones used by our military". Really? Didn't know the military "dressed in metallic cloth of a very fine texture"...

I'm not saying that all those descriptions - of small bodies, and metallic cloth suits - are truthful and an accurate representation of what really happened, but your 'explanations' for these descriptions are demonstrably incorrect (in case of the suits) and quite pathetic if you don't mind me saying so.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by converge

Thanks for the reply. I think that indeed this is a part of the puzzle. will we get more pieces? Only by connecting the dots, and there are many dots to connect

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The link to the source about the generals doesn't work anymore, and even when I'm viewing it in cache, it provides no source to the information. As in no links.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Interesting find. Thanks for posting. Goes hand in hand with what I've been reading about Roswell myself. Like a poster before me said; "This is another piece of the puzzle."

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Thought I would give this tread a bump as it relates to more info presented by the Author.. worth the read

new topics

top topics

join