It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics are not equal to non-believers, or are they? your thoughts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Hello,

I am a robot dedicated to lie and confuse.

Not really!
this is what i have seen.

In the past few months, year or so since i joined ATS, i have noticed people has lost the real meaning between Skeptic and non-Believer.

I have played with some ATS members, i like to play, i may be a fool, i don't care who thinks i am, i like to fool around, whatever, yeah i know, i don't care what people say, i know my game, but i can't pretend to not understand this, so here it is, as in an 'ez-skeptics' manual:

There are a few real 'skeptics' on this site, the ones i have seen (although i am sure there are quite a lot more, sorry for missing you, you know who you are
) are: Phage, RussianScientists, Internos, Bird and others with a similar approach to UFOs/Extraterrestrial stuff and etc, you know who i mean.

But lets keep on focus, here's the actual explanation:

You know, when i say, i am a skeptic, do you actually know what i mean? at least from what i have seen on ATS, most people don't, and here is what it really means:

- You come and show me a UFO, i will say, what's that? some will judge and say, you don't believe even if it is in front of you.

- Then i will say, what it is that i should believe, well the craft is there, what is it that i am supposed to 'believe'?

- Then some will say ( the same as before), this is an alien craft, they have come from far beyond to help us saving human kind.

- Then i would say, really? how can you know? i mean, i don't doubt the machine is there, but how do you know what they feel or want? do you think they are all that because they are more advanced than we are?

- And then some will say, yes, because they are more advanced, and they couldn't get there unless they are peaceful and pure in spirit.

- And then i will say, really? but, how do you know? isn't that what the American natives thought about the Spanish and English 500 years ago?

- And then you will hate me and judge me, well, not all of the believers i know that, but some, most of them, just look into ATS UFO's threads.

So, finally here it is, Skeptics are not the same as non-believers, some hundred years ago, someone was skeptic the earth was flat, someone was skeptic the earth was the center of the universe, someone was skeptic the sky was a dome with the stars pinned on it, someone was skeptic that taking out the blood of someone would save him instead of killing him, someone was skeptic that the thunder electricity was not possible to control, someone was skeptic when humans said we could not build flying machines, cars, microwaves, radios, whatever else and so on, they were the skeptics then, they were even killed because they refused to be sheeps who follow along, and then somehow, now, skeptics are treated as those who refuse to increase human knowledge and instead try to confuse and hide the truth, which i find really funny.

What happened? at least from my point of view, skeptics are the reason we are able to travel through space, to have the modern world as it is, to question if we are really understanding how everything works and looking for flaws and trying to explain how everything works, instead of spending time and more time believing a lie or a mistaken assumption, yeah, instead of that, if we see something happening, we question, why? can i reproduce that? how? what is needed? if i can reproduce it? how can i use it to improve our existence? and some others would say, just accept it, don't question it, let it be, and we will never understand it, it will just happen, and it will be a mystery to us all.

What would have happened if humans, in the past, thousand of years ago, would have said something like, well this light (fire), whatever is is, is not made by us, so it must be from the gods, so let's just accept it happens once in a while, and let's not try to understand how to create it ourselves, since it came from the gods, what would have happened then? where would we be right now? without fire? because we decided to take is as something sacred and untouchable (which we did, until someone came out and became 'skeptic' about that believe and decided to understand how it actually worked).

Well, i believe most of ATS will understand this, so, what are your thoughts?

'Skeptics' as they actually are, push knowledge above and beyond, skeptics built the Apollo, skeptics invented hearth transplant, do you know the murphy law? well?

A non-believer, may be what you are actually looking out when you criticize a skeptic, but that is completely different, a non-believer will deny everything, blindly, which, by the way, turns him into a blind believer, but a blind believer of his reality, or lack of.

A skeptic asks, questions, ponders, uses knowledge to get to the truth, Einstein was a skeptic, of the knowledge of his time, as well as Tesla, they questioned, looked for answers, otherwise, they would have been happy with the current knowledge of their time, and nothing would have happened then or now.

Does this make sense? i am not sure if everyone will get what i want to say, i know 'skeptics' will understand, some people have already displayed hate towards me, because i question and question until the 'theory' breaks with no easy solution, is this bad? would you like your car to kill you because someone thought a simple break was not enough to save you? and instead thought for the worse and added a safety belt and air bag? they were skeptic of the current safety approach, some people was bothered by they 'extreme' and 'dumb' logic, what was wrong what the proven approach?

UFOs are there, we know, are they alien? who knows, am i a skeptic 'cause i ask and think about it and because of the current evidence i said they are, most probably, ours? yeah i am, and some will say, i am closed minded, but i will say, i may be able to build a UFO craft faster than you will, someday, because i will actually look into how to do it, while the blind believers will keep waiting for who knows who to come and save human race, when it is very possible that there's no one out there, no one, who will care, but us, and our 'skepticism' to what seems 'real' to the human eye, which will help us understand and create a better future, as we have done in the last thousand years and before.

After all, who would have believed there were Atoms and we all are made of them? what a ridiculous thought right? 'the moon is made of cheese' earth is the center of the universe, & flat.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Kaifan]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

Wow, tons of misspellings in the last post, tried to fix some, sorry, kind of drunk, why oh why i decided to post this today? God... why am i so lost on this world?

But i really believe what i have said here, actually, i had that post written for a while, mostly, since a few weeks ago, sorry it came out so awful.

Kai

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Just for a quick reference, and not really exactly the same as what my thread subject is all about, here you have this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this post, which is a good example on how a skeptic has come to mean, closed minded and ignorant, in some way:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And if you look at the following three posts, you will see there are people who understand what real skeptics are all about

And then there's a thread around that talks about 'skeptics just because they like to deny', which is a totally different issue

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

Lol, I understand you PUI. Posting under the influence.

I'm surprised i'm not in that list, but expecting as so.

Phage, isn't a skeptic, I highly doubt that, I've read many of his post and threads.

He's a realist. *or she!* He post the facts and then you follow his signature.

Nothing he post is false, he post sheer facts, which then disarm all the arguements the alternative person has post.

A Skeptic isn't someone who shows truth infront of sheer ignorance, they are called 'normal people'. People who believe in ghosts and alien abductions are called, 'psychos'.

I specifically devote myself, (on here at least) into the religous sector, I don't know why, it's fun to me (about to the reason why you felt to post this thread, no criticism, jsut know I understand). Relgion is fun, and nothing is better then trying to get people to give up the faith they belive they were once a toad in a past life. lol

I honestly have skimmedyour post regrettfully.

You mentioned past skeptics, they were mainly religious though that the earth was centered in the universe, and then we know what became about.

I honestly, belive that, that has run ramped, we've gone to far, and justified the beginning delusion again.

Now we have agnostics, and so on. One step ahead now, maybe their isn't a god, but a god made it all, ahah, beat that. I can't and they know it, and they know that can't prove it, since previous was lost, so they feel a win! haha.
I could go on but coors got me, and it's too late, long work day ahead.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
reply to post by Kaifan

Lol, I understand you PUI. Posting under the influence.

I'm surprised i'm not in that list, but expecting as so.

Phage, isn't a skeptic, I highly doubt that, I've read many of his post and threads.

He's a realist. *or she!* He post the facts and then you follow his signature.

Nothing he post is false, he post sheer facts, which then disarm all the arguements the alternative person has post.

A Skeptic isn't someone who shows truth infront of sheer ignorance, they are called 'normal people'. People who believe in ghosts and alien abductions are called, 'psychos'.

Yeah for the most part i agree, but it is exactly what i was trying to say, although very badly

At least for me, Phage is not a 'skeptic' but because i don't agree with what people declare skeptics to be, sorry to left you out, but i have burned some brain today so i need to recover a little bit before continuing bitching here about my beliefs

For the most part, i think there are no 'normal people', nowhere on this earth, everyone has something weird, but i guess this also means, everyone is normal, as having something weird is kind of the 'norm', the day we all think exactly the same and act as robots...

I had a few jack daniel's and some 'Corona' beers, coors? to each his own, tomorrow, more vacations
, lots of sleep, then eat, then party (me lazy dumb dude) Mexico is cool

Kai

top topics

join