It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does your child need ADHD Drugs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I found this article on CNN...

Does your child need ADHD drugs?

I think its good that the MSM is at least telling people to at least explore their options when it comes to their child's metal health/abilities, instead of just "here, this drug should do the trick".

Now, I know a few people on anti-depressants or who have taken anti-depressants in the past and so I've heard what kind of effects they can have.

However, I've never really talked to anyone who has any real experience with ADHD drugs. I'd like to hear some peoples experiences with these drugs, either for themselves or their children....

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
My nephew was put on ADHD medication when he was 5 or 6 I believe. He usually seemed shy and quiet and he stuttered, I thought it was because his dad (my bro-in-law) was mean.

I moved away before he was a teenager, then returned home when he was 15 and he was completely different, not shy, didn't stutter. I once asked them if he was still on his meds and his father told me he "grew out of" his ADHD and stopped taking his pills.

I personally think it is grossly misdiagnosed and the pills are used to help control kids who don't "sit down and shut up".

My friend's son has also been on ADHD medication since he was about 5... he's 12 now I think, so I guess I'll see in a couple more years if he "grows out of it" as well...

Thank you for posting that news link. Very interesting to see that in the MSM.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I sometimes get the feeling that had all these drugs been around when I was a kid I would've been pumped full of them. My kid never stops, doesn't conform in a school environment. I love him and wouldn't want him any other way. I nod at the teachers and say what they want to hear, I know my kid is great and will learn to adapt, like I did. I don't want my kid any other way than the way they were born, it's called personality, character. I can function, I learnt to fit in when I had to and so will my child. Drugs are a quick fix, the easy option. Professionals don't know your child, you do, use your instinct and you can't go wrong.

new topics

join