It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are machines affected by the paranormal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
First I'd like to say that I'm not sure what is happening, but I will relate my experiences in order for you to analyze it and help me out with this mystery.

Many times, usually when I am in altered state of consciousness (note that this is not necessarily drugs), machines, specially computers, seem to go a little "wild" corresponding to what I feel.

Computers are the most characteristic because I'm around them a lot. Sometimes it freezes, sometimes its starts beeping like mad, sometimes it just turns off and sometimes the internet shuts off. Today happened the weirdest of all, my internet crashed but I could still use MSN messenger and only the nytimes website and wikipedia were working (not even google). [I was really amazed to see how the internet seemed so slow but the nytimes.com was running perfectly]

Note that this happens with various computers of different places. And it usually does that when I am a certain distant of it. (For example the episode that if I got near the computer it beeped so loud that it hurt my ears. I had to move away from it to stop beeping, really weird)

Sometimes when I go into deep meditation it seems like the computer responds somehow to my frequency and gets kind of unpredictable, that's my guess.

Besides computers, I have experienced other episodes in which radios turned on by themselves and strange shrieks came out of it (got me so scared that I was going to unplug the radio but before I could accomplish that it finished and turned off), music boxes started playing alone also.

I have constant paranormal experiences, I formulate my own beliefs and explanations for all of them. But when it involves machines I don't know really what to think of it.

This thing that only nytimes.com was working perfectly when all of the internet was crappy makes me think of conspiracy theories (because I was in fact sharing important information through the internet when it got weird and this is not the first time something similar happens).

I'd like to know your thoughts on all of this.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

Hi, Geladinhu.

Consider:

[ Results for Individual Events ].
noosphere.princeton.edu...

noosphere.princeton.edu...

The Attention Intention Experiment.
theintentionexperiment.ning.com...

www.glcoherence.org...

I was in a hurry. Reason for my short answer. . . B-)

Blue skies.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
You should watch 'Lost and Foundry' episode of The Real Ghostbusters. It has a ghost that gets mixed in with steel and haunts electronics, wires, and whatever else uses metal.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by TinFoilHatMan55]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I have a friend named Bill that can fix my computer by just the laying on of hands.

He Doesn't even have to raise the lid of my laptop or turn it on to fix it.

He retired at 40 yrs of age from Intel. Paranormal? Certainly has a mystical component to his mojo.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Having been in the field for over twenty years now, I firmly believe that machines are succeptible to energy fields of people in close proximity.

Some people are just so negative that things never work right for them.

'Chritine'
'Kill Dozer'
'Maximum Overdirve'
'Ghost in the Machine'

I'm sure there are many, many more...people ascribe emotions and self-will to machines all the time.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Don't know what you'd call it, but I know in advance when the washing machine or clothes drier is going to die, for example. It's happened too many times now for it to be a coincidence.

Re: machines and the paranormal, I've had several paranormal experiences (some quite serious) when I've been using a vacuum cleaner. Sounds stupid I know, but it's true. I think it's because it's so easy for your mind to wander and slip into an altered state because of the humdrum nature of vacuum cleaning .. back, forth, back, forth .. combined with the rhythmic movement and drone of the machine. I try to stay alert now when I vacuum. If I don't, I can feel myself 'slipping' into a weird state and I don't like those paranormal experiences and want to avoid them

Oh, another thing happened tonight. I'm keeping a bit of a tab on them. This time, it's emails. I don't get many personal emails at all these days because I've pretty much stopped sending them and have decluttered my life. Tonight, when engrossed on another forum, I suddenly got the feeling I should check my emails. Ordinarily I wouldn't check them more than twice a week. And when I clicked into my email account, the emails were still rolling in. I'd mentally told myself there would be ten. In fact, there were eleven. It made me laugh. A bully gang on the ebay forum had submitted multiple Reports, apparently --- they didn't like my take on swine flu. If I hadn't followed my instinct to check my emails, they would have been there, unseen, until after the weekend most probably. Glad I did check because it confirmed that my instincts are still pretty good, despite that I don't listen to them as often as I should.

top topics

join