It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Professor Gates Is Half-Irish, Related to Cop Who Arrested Him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Harvard Professor Gates Is Half-Irish, Related to Cop Who Arrested Him

abcnews.go.com

Strangely enough, he and the Cambridge, Mass., police officer who arrested him, Sgt. James Crowley, both trace their ancestry back to the legendary Niall of the Nine Hostages.

In a PBS series on African-American ancestry that he hosted in 2008, Gates discovered his Irish roots when he found he was descended from an Irish immigrant and a slave girl.

He went to Trinity College in Dublin to have his DNA analyzed. There he found that he shared 10 of the 11 DNA matches with offspring of Niall..
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This is getting crazier and nuttier. I mean, these folks are related, for one thing.

For another thing, look at the choice of drinks for their White House get together: Red, "Light", and Blue (Red Stripe, Bud Light, and Blue Moon). Like the flag.

Something majorly fishy is up. That's all way too suspicious. I remember back on 9-11, when the planes crashing into the World Trade Center were "United" and "American".

I don't see how a White House get together equals a terror attack, but something really fishy is going on..

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I saw some documentary about Niall of the nine hostages and it turns out that something like one in ten Irish people are descendants so by that ratio, one in ten "Irish Americans" are descended from his bloodline.. thats something like 3.5/4 million people..

Its not THAT crazy a thing to happen, interesting none the less.

Also, Niall was alive almost 2000 years ago so saying they are "related" is pushing it a bit.

[edit on 29/7/09 by Dermo]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Everyone is related when you look far enough. It's not like they passed each other at the last family reunion but never introduced each other. Give me a break.

The only thing crazy and nutty about this, is that people on this forum actually feel the need to discuss this distractionary, worthless news topic. It has absolutely no effect on any one of our lives, but since the president commented it's been news fodder for like a week now.

It's ridiculous, if we replaced all the coverage of this pointless topic and instead educated people about any one of the hundreds of important topics that need to be discussed. We might actually see change. Instead we get a huge waste of media time that people gobble right up. That's nuts, and that's crazy.

top topics

join