It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEOTWAWKI:help me on this one

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
As a teenager (in the sixties) I read a book by Hal Lindsey entitled "The Late Great Planet Earth"

The book had a profound impact on my life and has shaped my view on the world and the current events happening within it.

The last few years I have damn near been driven to prepare for "something".

The phrase always flying thru my mind is "Hope for the best,prepare for the worst"

Am I finally losing it or is reality catching me.

I know this is a touchy subject and I'm not a big prediction dude, anyone who has similar feelings please post.

All these gloom and doom threads have my head swimming.

I truely believe we inhabit the most astounding planet in the galaxy and want to keep it that way for all generations.

Are we that generation to insure that?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
You haven't lost it. You've found it. My wife and I have had that same feeling for a couple of years. We finally started putting things together. Water, food, extra clothing, blankets, tools, all sorts of survival stuff. Our motto is the same as yours. We try not dwell to much on it, but we are ready to bug out if necessary, this includes food, a couple of days of water, weapons.
Explore the survival threads here on ATS, and do a web search for survival techniques.
A word of advice. You are going to read this stuff. Your going to think you know how to survive. But have you tested your skills? Can you start a fire with out matches or a lighter? Can you build an emergency shelter?
In other words, practice, practice, practice.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
YES!! I too feel compelled to get ready. For what? I'm not sure. But I work on the phone and I can tell you, the change in my callers in the last 5 yrs is dramatic! It seems that everyone is on the edge. The loss of simple common courtesy and respect is ridiculous. I personally believe it's fear, only no one really knows what we're afraid of. People just know that something is coming.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by danz11

Something IS coming, and like cypress hill said, when the sh*t goes down, you better be ready.
By 'ready' I mean 'ready'. Ready to accept your mortality and the mortality of EVERYONE you know and love.
Death, for you, is just around the corner.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I read the same book and many others. In fact, I've been waiting/expecting to see these things happen. It makes my heart sink...strange feeling.

I've told many people in the past about these days . Mostly to no avail.

Thank God in the past year I've been able to prepare. If wanted I'll post preparations needed....if in the city #1 WATER! put a 50 gal barrel in the closet full of water. Add some bleach to keep it potable every few months.
1/2 teaspoon Regular Clorox Bleach per five gallons of water ( unscented )

Good dehydrated food is available at low cost at Cosco. 275 meals for $85.

Beside all of that. I have found that my faith is growing and even the preps that I have made will be nothing compared to just the faith and its results in the future.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
See my name!

Many of us have felt this since the 70's, but time is running short now! Things that we used to think were "signs" or "going to be important one day" are now here! The "one day" is today.

You can't prepare for Armageddon, or a Sun Explosion, or many catastrophes, so make peace with that. You can prepare for a ton of scenarios that we talk about on ATS a lot.

My advice (and the subject of my book this fall) is prepare 4 ways:

Spiritually for those things you cannot prevent or survive. Enjoy your time with family. Make amends with your enemies. Patch up old grudges. LOVE!

Physically for those things you can predict and survive. Economic Collapse, War, Natural Disaster. Read the survival forum. Stock up on water, beans, rice, blankets, Vitamins, Medicines. Get healthy! Lose the weight, get in shape, get that knee fixed, get your glasses, get it done while you still can! GetReadyAlready for the stuff you know could happen at anytime.

Mentally for the hardship and the tough decisions. You may find yourself needing to refuse a vaccine, refuse the Mark, or having to make a decision on who lives or dies within your group. Have your thoughts in order. Make informed decisions and research now! Don't wait until your azz is on the line to think about these things.

Geographically for yourself. This may mean moving to a friendlier area, or just getting to know the area you are in. Learn what local resources you have. Plan an escape, a rendezvous point, a storage area, and a final stand. What city or rural resources are the most important. Who will grab the kids and the grandparents? Will you walk, drive, or stay put? What is the back-up plan when the first plan is unusable?

GOOD LUCK!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Okay! Met a Doctor last night, working Er. Never laid eyes on this guy before. He intelligently discussed JFK assassination, Illumaniti, and stated in front of the entire ER Staff that he believed that we were nearing the end. He firmly believes 2012 is either the end of time, or an extreme shift in global consciusness.
I actually asked him if he had eve been to this web site. He said no, but I gave him the address so I expect him to sho up sooner or later. I didn't give him my screen name. Let him figure it out.
I have never met an MD who was so well versed in conspiracy theories, and let me tell you, we convered everything from JFK to the mayans to the incas to the freemasons, and the illumanati. Most MDs don't want to think about this stuff. This guy's attitude is what a doctor's attitude is supposed to be. Everything is data based. What does that tell you

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

well said getreadyalready

I researched survival scenarios extensively on a daily baisis after and before work for several years compiling links and downloads. Then I had an epiphany on the way to work one day a year and half ago.
I was so intent on discovery of
1. the events spawning the need for survival mode.
2. techniques of survival..ie homesteading
3. ID supplies needed immediatly and for the future.

the list goes on and on. I became a "bookworm" and wasn't preparing.

Since that time 90% of effort has gone to preps and 10% to study.

In truth the time is now. Just do it. Make a start and make a goal. Inertia is the toughest/easiest force to overcome. Take a step.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Interesting. I too, am one of those who've started getting ready in the last 2 years or so. Perhaps I'm getting older, thoughts of starting a family, etc. but something woke up in me that the future isn't going to be alright and that I needed to do what I can for myself and my family NOW before it's too late. My wife thinks I'm nuts but the time I spend reading and preparing is almost like a new hobby for me. I don't want to use the term "obsession" but it has definitely become an important part of my life.

I've learned so much from the people here and on other survival boards that I truly feel blessed to have this information. We may or may not survive what could be coming, but I'm hoping that someday after the SHTF that those of us here online will be around to have beers together.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
not at all my friend.. you have lost nothing.... several other people have said this ..that you ought to start by reading the many links that are available to you...

many of us felt this urge or compulsion at some point in our lives and listened to it...

I started when I was about 13 years old (a good while back) and am still going forwards... for me i enlisted and went ranger and took every class and training option I could... when I retired after 30 years active I still found myself learning....

with a large shelter built and fully stocked I now spend a great amount of my spare time telling people that they to need to prepare for something... I don't know what it is but there is something that is hanging right on the horizon and it is not a good thing....

anyways.... look up Alpineaire.com and have a good time.... Carl is a good friend of mine and one of the best sources you are going to find...

top topics

join