It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airport Security put explosives in mans bag.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Airport security at the Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport in Canada, placed TNT in baggage belonging to a passenger.

Apparently, they routinely test the bomb-sniffing dogs at the airport by placing explosives into the bags security agents. This time, they accidentally put it into a passengers bag.

The guy found the explosives in a jam jar when he unpacked his bags.

Here's the worrying part, the dogs must not have picked up on the explosives because his bags made it though.
Canada.com

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Well, now, this story just makes me feel all warm inside.

Doesn't this mean that it was undetected at TWO airports? Maybe the dogs had head-colds, huh? piffle

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
do they also put drugs in people's suitcases to test their dogs as well?

this joins an increasingly large list:"it sounded like a good idea at the time" screw ups.

the people who did this should be fire and the person who came up with the idea should not only be fired but should be publically spanked in the town square dressed up as a school girl and spanked with a steel plate. pain and humiliation are fast teachers and this moron is in dire need of catching up...

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Imagine the trouble he would have gotten into if he had a connecting flight and they picked up on the explosives.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Imagine the trouble he would have gotten into if he had a connecting flight and they picked up on the explosives.

"really! you gotta believe me! its not mine, someone must've put it there!"

"yeah yeah tell it to the feds..."

and noone would ever believe him.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
do they also put drugs in people's suitcases to test their dogs as well?

hey atleast youd have a good holiday if you werent caught lol.

seriously, if he hadve been caught then who (what country) wouldve stuck up for him??

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
2 things:
1) i wish that i was that passenger. if i was that passenger, i would've kept the bomb and have some fun with it

2)

Originally posted by Valhall
piffle

wtf does "piffle" mean?

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
So now we don't only have to look out for terrorists planting bombs, we have to watch out for the security departments too !!!

unbelievable !

Originally posted by silQ

Originally posted by Valhall
piffle

wtf does "piffle" mean?

Its a more civilised way of saying 'Bollocks'

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Not meaning they should plant the bombs.....

meaing they can always visit the airport empty handed and hope security is dog checking their noses at the moment.

(if that sounds a bit screwy so does planting bombs in luggage.)

G

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
lol...

So they've got airport security personnel running around with live TNT...THEN they place it into a passenger's bag...THEN they don't even detect it going on to the plane...wow. Just imagine what would have happened if it went off and the plane went down...anyway, I thought they had practice "bombs" that had the same scent that are used for testing the dogs with...it is ridiculous that they are bringing bombs into the airport in the first place. Idiots.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
Just imagine what would have happened if it went off and the plane went down...

No doubt we'd never have heard the blame placed on airport security if it DID go down...
"Code Orange! Code Red! It was Al-Qaeda!"

top topics

join