It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the UN planning to depopulate the 'least developed countries' with cheap swine flu vaccine?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I found this on the UN's own website. It was from a press conference on the 16th of July.

Press conference on global food security, influenza a (h1n1)

I would like to draw your attention to the last two paragraphs.

As for the status of an H1N1 vaccine, Mr. Nabarro said new vaccines were being produced and WHO was issuing recommendations on who should receive them. It was also providing grants to national laboratories for building vaccine-development capacity, and working to ensure that poor countries were able to get vaccines subjected to proper regulatory approval.

Concerning the WHO Director-General’s call for pharmaceutical companies to show solidarity with poor countries in terms of access to H1N1 vaccines, Mr. Nabarro said she and the Secretary-General were in talks with senior industry executives to ensure that a portion of all vaccines manufactured would be made available to least developed countries at extremely low prices. In the next month or two, WHO would know the approximate number of vaccine doses to be made available to those countries, and it would work with Mr. Nabarro’s team in setting up a system to ensure ready access.

I wonder if Big Pharma will put as much care and attention into the cheaper third world doses as it will into ours. (There's no good answer to that as I believe ours will be a toxic concoction at best).

It's amazing what you can find buried on the UN website if you look hard enough.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by kiwifoot]

join