It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Jellyfish Invade Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6dfdeb815843.jpg[/atsimg]

Giant jelly fish are wreaking havoc on the coastal villages on the Sea of Japan. The jelly fish are destroying fishing nets and depleting catches. The Nomura jellyfish can be as large as 6 ft in diameter and weigh as much as 450pounds.

This is the 3rd time since 2005 that the jellyfish have invaded the Sea of Japan. No one is certain why they have come, but the economic impact was so devastating in the past that the government has put a warning system in place for the fisherman.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
kind of like the increase in sharkiness on our gulf coast .............. wierd. you know, i really want to see one of the giant jellyfish warning signs. that would be the college dorm decoration champ of all time.

i've often said that nature has its own, say, genetic defense mechanisms written into the code. i wonder if this is an example of that.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I wonder if this could be in reponse to the an Earthquake near New Zealand last week. Or possibily an underwater event that caused the jelly fish to move. They are having a simliar issue in San Diego, Calfornia with Squid.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yeah, kinda neat..... makes me think mabey those crop circles have something to them afterall.....

Now I have to see some giant hummimgbirds, or mini ones would be even cooler.

new topics

top topics

join