It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch "The Science Channel" Tonight (July 20th)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Moon Machines, which I think is probably the best Apollo-related TV shows I ever saw, will be on the Science Channel here in the U.S. tonight (July 20th). I suggest to everyone that they should watch it. It's a very factual, straight-forward, and intelligently-done series of programs.

Each episode in this series of documentaries concentrates on a piece of the Apollo hardware and talks to the engineers who designed and built them. There are separate episodes on the Saturn V, The Lunar Lander, the Command Module, The Rover, and the space suits.

It's very well done and very enlightening. I think that even people who are well-versed in the design of these "moon machines" will gain some additional insight and knowledge from the interviews with the people who were deeply involved with the Apollo program in the 1960s. It gave me a good impression of what it must have been like to be a NASA engineer or NASA contractor during the Apollo era.

I think the moon hoax advocates who claim we didn't have the technology in the 1960s to go to the moon and the people who ask "why can't NASA just build another Saturn V right now" should definitely watch.

EDIT TO ADD:
I see now that only two episodes of the series are being shown tonight -- the Lunar Module and the Lunar Rover. These episodes are good, but if you ever get the chance to see all five episodes, I highly recommend it. They start at 6:00 PM U.S. Eastern Time.

[edit on 7/20/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

join