It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Autumn Hajj pilgramage to expose millions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia adn, indeed, the entire Muslim world, have grave concerns over the emergence of flu before Hajj season the autumn. The Kingdom already has nearly 300 confirmed cases, and they don't want more--and I wouldn't want to test their system. I wonder how they will cope with the inbound pilgrims?

Imams have told children, the elderly, pregnant women and people who are unwell not to make the pilgramage. The tough thing to deal with here, though, is that each country will send thousands, possibly millions-to the Hajj- and will take H1N1 back to their home countries with them. It's another setting ripe for mutation, as people gather from all over the world.

Many won't be able tore-enter their home countries if they're ill, but will be placed in quarantine.

The Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics and the World cup have the same problem.

This coming year "may not happen" in the sense that the normal events of life will exist- I wonder how people will adjust?

Thoughts? Info? Opinions?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CultureD

Somehow I feel the only way not to be exposed is to be off the planet. Some doctors feel that the seasonal flu is linked to low vitamin d levels. Sunlight helps the body naturally produce vitamin d. Getting out for a pilgramage might not be so bad.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I live in BC and wish the olympics were canceled.
we dont need the world here.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Looks like the fallout is already occurring- before the heart of the season.

And regarding Vancouver- I wish you well, and don't envy you all. I wish they'd call the games off this year, to be honests. People will come from round the world, share strains, take them back home, and leave Vancouver with the debris...best wishes, luck and prayers

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by son of total newbie

Great point- never thought of the Vitamin D/ desert sun connection.

by the way- going to take mine

Be well

new topics

top topics

join