It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quality of Life = Definition By You not Wiki!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Quality of Life - What’s does that phrase mean to you?

I’m really wondering what others definition of this phrase would mean - in concurrence with Death.

Ok, let me try to explain...

Extreme sports, high wire act in a circus, etc...

Is risk taking, to improve the quality of your life, doing something that enriches the quality of your life, worth the risk of death?

Is it worth it in the end?

I’ve probably answered my own question in fumbling through this thread - but I’d really like to hear what’s in the heads of others...

peace

[edit on 19-7-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Of course death-defying acts of living improve one's quality of life!

Without the impending threat of inevitable death, life would have no meaning. Life would have little value.

Survival is the act of staying alive, but it is not a quality of life. Quality of life comes in living life to the fullest, exploring and pushing boundaries, achieving the impossible and obtaining the unobtainable.

When death comes, as it must come for us all (even for the Wandering Jew one day), those who have truly lived will have no regrets on that day.

Therefore, Hell would certainly have to be living eternally with the regrets of what might have been.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Survival is the act of staying alive, but it is not a quality of life. Quality of life comes in living life to the fullest, exploring and pushing boundaries, achieving the impossible and obtaining the unobtainable.

That’s what I was looking for - the quote above.

So, what do you do that gives you better quality of life - but might not be the greatest for your life expectancy?

(Question in general)...

join