It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Lost tapes" lost for good, NASA releases restored footage of first moonwalk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

"Lost tapes" lost for good, NASA releases restored footage of first moonwalk

collectspace.com

"What we found in the records and what will be detailed in a report to be issued was that in 1970 to 1974 we pulled out 40,000 boxes of tapes... five tapes to a box, that is 200,000 of these tapes, that was to support on-going Apollo missions, to support Apollo-Soyuz, to support Skylab. They were needed in the network," said Nafzger.

"If the program said 'We no longer need this data' the procedures that were set by [the National Archives and Records Administration] and NASA were that you could reuse these tapes. So they were preserved for a period of time until the program, which was t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
As you can see, I don't give a crap about the moon landing tapes as I know that the "restored" ones are probably CGI + Green screen and crap.

What surprises me is the 6000 boxes or 30000 tapes than were suddenly "Missing" in 1981 and 1982. And somehow the moon tapes were in those boxes?!?

We don't have DVD back ups of the moon landing tapes? What the hell did we pay these idiots billions of dollars per year for?

"Without the slow-scan tapes to work with, NASA turned to the next best source they had to produce what will be the best version of the Apollo 11 lunar television."

A "restored" AKA HD Upconverted tape is not proof of the moon landing.

Give me $10 billion and I'll bring you a 1 mile wide piece of gold from space. (Bill Gates I hope you saw this)

collectspace.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
geez this is when we had real astronauts. Today we get losers in space no smarter then monkeys wearing the same underwear for thirty days.

those were back when we had real astronauts the best of the best. Not the lamest of the lame. We did land on the moon we have equipment right now that sends data back to the earth every day. Geez I hate people talking trash on real astronauts and not the wannabe space monkeys of today who are not capable of holding their own since the physical requirements and intellectual requirements have been scrapped.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Couple big threads already running on this

NASA ADMITS: Moon Landing Tapes Got Erased
www.abovetopsecret.com...

World exclusive: NASA Finds Missing Moon Landing Tapes : Update
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
first they say that the tapes were erased then they say that they were found in some boxes. Either if not both of these statements are a lie that is obvious! They contradict each other which shows that you cant trust what they say. if they lie then they are willing to fake it

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
"We don't have DVD back ups of the moon landing tapes? What the hell did we pay these idiots billions of dollars per year for?"

Who are the real idiots here? Those paying the money or those collecting it?

top topics

join