It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa's enhanced *cough* Lunar footage.... But wait, there's more!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I was doing my morning surf, and found "Next Giant Leap
NASA releases clearest videos yet of 1969 moonwalk". Moonwalkin' and thing in the distance So I thought, "Oooh! it'll be in color, and the image will be crystal clear, and-" Wotta rip.
I admit, it's less grainy... Anywhoo, I was sitting there watching exciting images of spacesuited astronauts hanging around the bottom of the lander- they go to the long shot- Lander in the background, astronaut in the mid ground... Right around 1:29. I happen to look to the right of the vid- and off in the distance is this tiny little elongated light. It's really close to the horizon. It doesnt move the entire time, and it just doesn't look at all like a lens flare.

Anyone wanna comment? Minus the sarcasm, that is.....
I honestly have NO idea what it is. I gotta go put on a mower blade and mow something- so I wont be back for a while

Edited because my left and my right are CONFUSED.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

[edit on 17-7-2009 by son of total newbie]

[edit on 17-7-2009 by son of total newbie]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I also noticed that light when I was watching the "enhanced" for the first time last night. I have no idea what it is? One thing that did strike me as weird is that I heard them say that they "Accidently" erased the original footage of the moon landing!!!!!!!! What are you kidding me???? They must really think we are all idiots. I wonder if the original was really original in the true form of the word?!?!?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

It's a giant government organization, it wouldn't be the only major "oops" moment of the program. Compared to killing 3 astronauts in a capsule test, losing the raw data of the TV feed is pretty minor. TV of the first moonwalk was almost literally an afterthought, so it wasn't terribly well handled. It's a little dramatized, but the movie "The Dish" can show you what I mean.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The people put in charge of televising the Moon landing were engineers. These engineers were given a task as follows:

"provide live TV coverage of the Moon landing for the world to see"

They provided this live coverage, and the tapes were only intended to be a back-up in case the "live" part didn't get broadcast, (then they could show it later on delay). However, because the live broadcast worked perfectly, they had no need for the back-up tapes.

Yes -- I agree it was certainly not "forward-thinking" of these engineers not to save the back-up tapes. However, the real fault here is not putting a historian on the broadcast team, but instead having only engineers on that team.

Engineers do not think like Historians.

[edit on 7/17/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

How can you compare the tragic death of three astronauts in an accident to a "public" organization deliberately erasing the most important video footage in the history of mankind???

I absolutely, completely refuse to accept that NOONE at NASA thought: "Hey what about these tapes? Those might be important, maybe I should ask my superior."

The fact that these tapes went missing for 40 years is HIGHLY suspicious.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

The fact that these tapes went missing for 40 years is HIGHLY suspicious.

Why? What's 'suspicious'?

There are plenty of tapes documenting the other landings (Apollo 12 the exception...Alan Bean messed up, ruined the camera by accident...)

As we now see, there were plenty of other copies. NGC and Soylent have points --- there was NO ONE who was thinking ahead as a 'historian'.

They did it, they were focused on it...and then, after Apollo 11 was done, they were analyzing it in preparation for Apollo 12.

If there was ANYBODY who gave it a thought, they probably figured someone else would be taking care of the tapes...when no one was assigned the duty!!

It's not intentional, not 'suspicious', just shows a different focus --- the missions!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

The people put in charge of televising the Moon landing were engineers. These engineers were given a task as follows:

"provide live TV coverage of the Moon landing for the world to see"

They provided this live coverage, and the tapes were only there as a back-up in case the "live" part didn't get broadcast, (then they could show it later on delay). However, since the live broadcast worked perfectly, they had no need for the back-up tapes.

Yes -- it was certainly not "forward-thinking" of these engineers not to save the back-up tapes. However, the real fault here is not putting a historian on the broadcast team, but instead having only engineers on that team.

Engineers do not think like Historians.

[edit on 7/17/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

Yeah. I kind of see what you are trying to get at but I'm not buying it. You are trying to say that not ONE individual there would think that supposedly the MOST important event in human history being filmed on tape would not be something to keep? I just don't buy it. Not even if they are limited in their forward thinking.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starseed32
I also noticed that light when I was watching the "enhanced" for the first time last night. I have no idea what it is? One thing that did strike me as weird is that I heard them say that they "Accidently" erased the original footage of the moon landing!!!!!!!! What are you kidding me???? They must really think we are all idiots. I wonder if the original was really original in the true form of the word?!?!?

I reiterate my opinion that all NASA personnel should be FIRED!!! Dumbest rocket scientists ever!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrVertigo
reply to post by ngchunter

How can you compare the tragic death of three astronauts in an accident to a "public" organization deliberately erasing the most important video footage in the history of mankind???

There's nothing deliberate about it. They weren't labeled "first eva on the moon, keep me." If it were a hoax, why couldn't they just produce the tapes using 40 year old reels? How can you compare misplaced tapes to the deaths of three men in a preventable accident?

[edit on 17-7-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
Yeah. I kind of see what you are trying to get at but I'm not buying it. You are trying to say that not ONE individual there would think that supposedly the MOST important event in human history being filmed on tape would not be something to keep? I just don't buy it. Not even if they are limited in their forward thinking.

Since hoaxers love referring to hollywood movies, let me try it. Watch "The Dish" and tell me they couldn't possibly have not realized their copy would be far superior in quality and done more to keep it safe?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I just head a while ago that the 'thing' in the video is nothing more than a video glitch. Suuure. Now, I went and did the thing you don't do with low quality images, but I was gentle about it: I enhanced brightness/ contrast, and did unsharp mask on it- the little light seems to have a structure at the bottom (read: itty bitty lighter pixels that line up just right). I'll let people who have the means to do it have at it themselves- see what they come up with as well.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Maybe those shuttles were distroyed on purpose so they could send some of their brightest service members to extraplanetary bases without anyone raising an eyebrow. Its a possiblity.

Do you "Really" know they got on the shuttle... and if they did are you "sure" they werent beamed up before the explosion by the asgard.

lol The world would take alot less thought if people werent such liars.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Maybe those shuttles were distroyed on purpose so they could send some of their brightest service members to extraplanetary bases without anyone raising an eyebrow. Its a possiblity.

I knew Rick Husband. He was a consummate family man, and a man of very high integrity, there is NO way he would have left his family like that to fend for themselves all while thinking he had been killed. I'm sure most of the other crew members were the same way.

Do you "Really" know they got on the shuttle...

Yes, the shuttle can't fly by itself into orbit.

and if they did are you "sure" they werent beamed up before the explosion by the asgard.

The Asgard? Isn't that an alien race in Stargate? Is this whole post sarcasm? I really can't tell at this point. I'd say the odds they were beamed up by space aliens are about the same as the odds they'll beam me up tonight if I try to look at the impact mark on Jupiter.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Did anyone notice, that on the 2nd scene about 30 seconds into the video...

... you can look THROUGH the astronaut!!!!!

WT*???????????

new topics

top topics

join