It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Ok I never really complain on here but I am really sick of some crap on here. So yeah I get a message about a one liner....whatever! It was a thread that well IMO wasnt that big of a deal and my response was perfect for it and days later I get a message about a one liner. Well I DONT care about that! You know what get over it, sometimes a one liner is all I have to say and what I said PERFECTLY fit what the other person said. Also another thing I posted a thread in there about a certain topic and a couple days later another person posted a thread about the SAME thing and did their thread get deleted? NO it didnt! I am sorry I never complain on here but lately this has really annoyed me. I dont care about points at all but I ALWAYS use the search engine BEFORE I post so I dont make a duplicate. I even posted on their thread saying I made a thread already about this and they "said" they looked and obviously they didnt cause I did it and mine came up as numero uno! Sorry but I am so annoyed lately on here it's not even funny and it takes A LOT to annoy or piss me off. I had some rude person message me and say "you're hot to bad you're a satanic (insert witch rhyme) with bad fashion sense" and I made a complaint because I felt it was reallllllly uncalled for and I never heard anything.....This person only said this I think because I questioned their post. I mean take some constructive criticism for heavens sake! I love this site really I do but lately it has been bothering me which is weird because I normally dont get bothered by anything. I know this is a rant and I dont care who reads it, thats why I put it here.....it may be the cafe patron that made me do this but I doubt it.....I just think mods need to look at things in a different way and not be so darn strict with the T&C. I get rules but I have seen rules being broken on here many times and I never say a word. Just last night there were over 100 threads started and many were duplicates yet even now they are still there.....Oh well guess I drank too much and needed to vent. This is my favorite site but lately I am not so happy with a few things and I am allowed to feel this way!! Thank God for BTS and the rant section!

:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

An excellent rant.

Here is where I resist the urge to......ummm.... rate it
yah, I know, it's an illness.

I suppose I think that we don't really get uniform fairness anywhere. Events like this deserve a rant, and then we go on, I guess. I think the squirrelly U2U you were sent should be dealt with, though. That sort of childish nonsense shouldn't be part of our experience here.

BTW, I spent a few minutes a day or so ago trying to figure out your username. Care to share?

No, I'm not a 'net stalker. Hell, I can barely stay awake at this time of night

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

An excellent rant.

Here is where I resist the urge to......ummm.... rate it
yah, I know, it's an illness.

I suppose I think that we don't really get uniform fairness anywhere. Events like this deserve a rant, and then we go on, I guess. I think the squirrelly U2U you were sent should be dealt with, though. That sort of childish nonsense shouldn't be part of our experience here.

BTW, I spent a few minutes a day or so ago trying to figure out your username. Care to share?

No, I'm not a 'net stalker. Hell, I can barely stay awake at this time of night

Yeah the U2U was odd....I even messaged them back asking them why they thought this and they never responded.....go figure....
My username is for Manolo Blahnik hence mblahnikluver....he is a famed shoe designer who I call God! LOL! Kidding!.....no not really....he is my favorite shoe designer ever! I went to school for fashion design and merchandising and he was someone I always looked up to in the industry...Most people have no idea what that means, unless you know Blahnik! I blame "Sex and The City" for my obsession with him!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

There have been topics where I have thought of the perfect one line (or word) response, but cannot do it because of the limitation. I agree with the limitations that are set as many of these threads would have one line responses such as "wow" without contributing to them. I think the mods are busy and get hundreds of U2Us a day, so if they do not respond to every one of them, I think it is understandable.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I think some of the decisions can be a bit arbitrary.

A little while ago I participated in a thread that was closed after a couple of pages because people weren't discussing things civilly enough - or something like that. The thing was, most of it was good-humoured teasing and the OP was responding happily enough.

I U2U'd the mod who closed the thread asking if the decision could be reconsidered and got no response. I was really polite, too.

Since then, I've participated in a couple of other threads that were allowed to continue although the 'teasing' was much worse.

I'd much prefer to see the offending posts covered with the T&C violation label than see the thread closed. I think it's especially harsh for the OP to see their thread closed because of the behaviour of others. Especially after only two pages.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I get the one liner rule but it was a sentence..lol "wow" would be a one worder..lol

This thread was a direct result as to why I should never get online under the influence of tequila! I was having a bad day and for some reason things annoyed me on here that day and I had to share..lol I promise no more one liners

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Well there's your problem!

Tequila is so very evil.

Many good and bad memories from tequila induced frivolities.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Haa yeah I guess so but still those things were annoying me that day and the tequila let it all out
I usually stay away from the internet when I have been drinking..lol

Love your avatar!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Totally agree, letting it out is the best medicine me thinks.

As for the fashion sense, well of course it's bad..it's the 80's! lol

I'm assuming your avatar is from a dress up party?

I love them, went to a 70's one a couple of years ago so I raided dad's wardrobe and found some great 70's gear, white flared pants, maroon leather jacket.

loved it

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yup it was girls night out and we always have a theme, this time the 80's. I had a blast! I bought everything at the local mall since many things including slap bracelets (lol) are back in style from the 80's..If you know how to put it together for the original 80s not the updated version of today well you get my outfit..lol I had people looking all night and complimenting. I even had earrings that were cassette tapes! The crimping of the hair was the best part and took an hour! I still won 1st place though

We did a 70's theme last fall and I had a purple polyester leisure type suit from the late 90's when the 70's style was in. It was great! I love themes! Next is Michael Jackson "Beat it" we are learning the dance and all. It's going be the best yet!

top topics

join