It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man held after crop circle shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Man held after crop circle shooting

uk.news.yahoo.com

A man has been arrested after allegedly firing a shotgun at people visiting a crop circle. Skip related content
Related photos / videos Man held after crop circle shooting
Related content
Crime Gangs Face Al Capone-Style Crackdown
Force to extend stun gun training
Man charged with Manchester gun murder
Related Hot Topic: Gun Crime
Have your say: Gun Crime
The 62-year-old reportedly hid in a tent in the centre of the circle before jumping out and firing over the heads of a group of tourists, thought to be from Norway.

The incident happened following the appearance of a crop circ
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailyexpress.co.uk
www.channel4.com
www.chichester.co.uk

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Interesting, i have seen some of the comments on the crop circle threads about farmers being paid or allowing the 'crop circle makers' to enter fields and make the crops.

If this was the case here then the farmer has no motive to shoot tresspassers?

But then again he could of been just a random nutter with a shotgun or a farmer pissed he wasnt getting his admission fee?

any thoughts? my mind is open to crop circles i believe most are created by artists from this planet but some of them i have a hard time believing are created by human's

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
A crazy person, because who shoots people from the center of a crop circle?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The crop circ sites tell an amazing bit about this one.The farmer apparently started to mow the center of the pattern,but for some reason stopped after a couple passes.Then it got 'repaired' and added on to,when the guy in the tent was put on guard.(To repair a damaged work so well is a hard thing to do,even for the artist.)So what is so important that the message was deemed worth repair?A reason.Is it just to show who's the greater force?

And I wonder why the farmer stopped the mowing.

Profit motive?If there were any money to be made,any farmer would know about it from another who did.And they'd figure a way to make it pay.Surviving farmers ain't fools in this economy.

PS to get a profit,you would have to sell either a souvenier or ticket and have a way to tell who paid and a way to exclude those who won't.This means a barrier and employees.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by trueforger]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Perhaps he was one not in on the payment
loop and was convinced Aliens were in his fields

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

What payment loop?Ya go up to the people on your property and ask to see their wrist band,please?After posting admission fee.And collect or reject.I'm sure s/he is freaked out a bit,that repair is a pretty bold move.Hard to not take it personally.Especially if after seeing the movie,"Signs"

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Reading

All the fancy crop circles are manmade, a few simple circles with rough edges are thought to be made by natural phenomena like dust devils.

I believe a few of the farmers get paid, but I suspect a greater number don't get paid, and some of them apparently get more than a little annoyed.

The problem with the trespassers is, that in addition to the damage the crop circle already did, the trespasser tourists create even more damage to the crops by trampling the field. I guess he can't shoot tresspassers, but what can he do? If he calls the police they'll be gone by the time the police get there. Maybe use a stun gun and say he felt threatened?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

What 'get paid' are you talking about?There is a field,a farmer and a bunch of people wanting access.You seem to imply there are organized ticket takers who sometimes are on scene and if absent,chaos ensues?I know if I paid a grand to fly over to see for myself,I would not mind another hundred to the landowner to get in.You should listen to those who have actually been in these Crop Art pieces,they are far too huge to be man made,in a night,by several orders of magnitude,not even close.
PS AND the plants are not damaged by the real Crop Art pieces.Have you read ANYTHING on this?

[edit on 16-7-2009 by trueforger]

top topics

join