It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rest in Peace My Surround Sound

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I had a great set of speakers for my computer that lasted for about 9 years. Just a sub and 4 speakers, they looked small, but I could make our house shake with them. Made by Altec, these speakers brought a LOT of good times to my life.

Recently the sub began thumping constantly, even when my computer was turned off. It still worked great, but imagine constantly hearing a thumping like an uneven loaded clothes washer. Yeah, it sucked. Well about an hour ago I tried to adjust the AC adapter that was connected to the sub and. *SPARK* The thumping got louder. I even tried another AC adapter, same result, *SPARK*.

So to prevent my electrocution and a possible fire, I had to toss it in the trash. I'm bummed now.

Just thought I would share. Was the best $75 I ever spent I think, as I love my music and games.

Anyone else get attached to their sound system like I did?

R.I.P my surround sound.:bnghd:

[edit on 7/13/2009 by Slash]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I will light a candle *wipes tears*

Nah.....juss playin....

The answer (to your Q) is Yes.
I have a set of Technichs speakers that were made in the 70's.
They're quite heavy. One of them is even blown but they still thump....BIG TIME! They still sound unbelievable......I've even compared them to newer speakers....I don't know......sumthin sumthin about them......they sound sooo good.
I will never ever part with them.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I recently bought some Altec's(2.1 oh well) but I really wanted Monsoons.

Being that your not dead from sparky sub woofers you have the opportunity to soar like an Eagle and get more speakers.

Now that the mysterious woofer utterances have stopped.

May you find peace and and I Feel for you and your loss.(hearing)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Thanks folks. =P
Got an order on ebay for another set of Altec speakers. 5 Speakers and a sub, and I don't have to pay for it, it's a late birthday present.

Hope they work well, as they're used. But the seller has a %100 feedback rating. So here's to hoping. I'm using two little speakers right now. It just isn't the same.

Edit: You know when you have some thing break/die on you, it seems like other things bite the dust? My mom's computer's power supply just kicked the bucket. She isn't too happy right now.

That makes one less sound system and one less power supply. :bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

[edit on 7/14/2009 by Slash]

new topics

top topics

join