It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Makes Speech Number 200

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
President Obama has delivered his 200th speech this morning, that is an excessive amount of speeches. He has barely been in for a year!

Here is the link:

www.cbsnews.com...

A snippet:

"His news conferences and casual off-the-cuff remarks during photo ops were not counted as speeches, but his opening statements at Town Hall meetings and weekly radio/internet addresses were included.

An analysis of the 200 speeches reflects the issues on which he has placed the greatest importance:

# The Economy & Stimulus Program – 48 speeches
# Revamping Health Care Coverage – 16
# Government Reform & Regulation - 11
# Energy and Climate Change – 10 "

The blogger also goes into detail on other facts regarding the plethora of speeches. (like, does Obama use a teleprompter, and how often!)

Doe anyone else think that 200 speeches is excessive? Does he have time to do anything else if he is delivering speeches all the time? This count began with inauguration (Jan 20), through this morning (if I counted correctly, a mere 168 days later!!)

That averages to more than one speech a day! Is our president a narcissist? And I cannot help but wonder why on earth the man wants to give so many speeches in so little time. Thats courting a lot of press, isnt it?

Anyway, what are your thoughts on this? I would think that by saturating the media with his speeches daily, that the public will quickly begin to tune him out as background noise. Is this what he is after?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
With all of Obama's Town Hall speeches, internet / radio speeches, and televised speeches, I am rather surprised that the man has time to deal with day-to-day issues.

His, and any other public official's, speeches are not impromptu. If he writes his own speeches, he needs to set time aside for the writing and thought process behind them... if he has a professional writer, he needs time to collaborate with said writer.

If there is no teleprompter, then there is practice time with index cards... if there is a teleprompter, then there needs to be practice with that so he won't tumble over his own tongue.

You need to practice and get the right tone and annunciations to make an affective speaker. Take two of the most noteworthy orators within the 20th century... Ronald Reagan and Adolf Hitler... both have been acclaimed as being great speakers, and even they had practice and training.

How can he afford to go out and talk all the time?

Sure, it may be nice to hear about what is going on, but there isn't anything happening. With every speech given, it seems more and more like a publicity stunt. Are we supposed to be mesmerized by him? Are we supposed to swoon over his every word?

I used to complain about the number of vacations Bush W used to take... I can't wait for Obama to take one just so he'll be quite for a couple days.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a speech a day keeps the idiots at bay

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
He has barely been in for a year!

It's worse than that. He's been in less than 6 months. But think of it this way.... If he's busy going around the planet reading from his teleprompter, then he isn't in the Oval Office causing as many problems as he could be.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I don't think that there's such a thing as an excessive amount of speeches for a president.

The content of those speeches is what's really important.

The president has a really big agenda trying to change America to his liking and apologize for every misstep since the pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock.

I say let him speak.

He got elected on the basis of a one word platform.

It's time we understood that word explicitly.

new topics

top topics

join