It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US considers CIA torture probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

US considers CIA torture probe

www.news.com.au

US Attorney-General Eric Holder is mulling over whether to appoint a criminal prosecutor to investigate claims CIA staff tortured terrorism suspects after the September 11, 2001 attacks, a report says.

Citing three unnamed sources, The Washington Post said such a move could set the stage for a conflict with officials in US President Barack Obama's administration who want to leave these issues in the past.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

According to the newspaper, Mr Holder's decision could come within weeks, when the Justice Department releases an ethics report on former Bush administration lawyers who drafted memoranda supporting harsh interrogation practices.

I don't get it, so if someone can explain it to me, please go right ahead...

There seems to be a fair amount of evidence that torture was carried out by the CIA. Given that, why does the decision to investigate possible prosecution rest with one man, Holder?

Shouldn't it be an automatic response from Holder that there will be a prosecutor appointed? Is justice only seen to be done when the Attorney-General wants it to be done?

I wish the Washington Post article would name the officials who want to leave the torture claims in the past. Name them, shame and prosecute them if they had anything to do with it.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-7-2009 by tezzajw]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Where do the US intend to insert this torture probe into the CIA? Up Cheney's ... ???

join